Im afraid im a hater.......

Unfortunately having bought the game....honestly i cant stand it. Again one of those people who buys it every year and has a been a fan since back in the championship manager days.

However this game has lost for me all its fun and addictiveness, i used to look forward to coming home from school to play and couldnt stop playing it. I always loved buying new players and looking out for players to buy, i hate the stupidly high costs you have to play for players and the ridiculous wage demands agents ask for. I imagine that this is realistic in relation to the actual game but it takes out the fun element of the game for me personally. I also struggle to take a team up the league, which i could do in previous versions, which doing this with a team like newcastle is probably realistic, but its just not fun! I honestly play one or two games and get bored....the fun is completely lost for me. Building a new squad is no where near as easy as it used to be and for me SI keep on changing the game adding features is ruining the game...they could go back to previous versions with newer squads and I'd be more than happy to play!! Sorry I honestly hate it!

Me personally like the more realistic approach fm tries its what keeps me going knowing it mite take 10 seasons before i actually have any success, for me its way better then taking a dillydonk team to european domination in 4-5 seasons

Unfortunately you won't get much sympathy because you're complaining the game is too hard. I'd suggest taking a break from the game, do something else for a while. Come back to it at a later date and you might enjoy it. Or just start as an easy team.

Seems to be a lot of people complaining the game is too hard, while others complain it is too easy. I think it is about right, it just depends on tactics, luck and perseverance.

Plenty of people have taken teams from Blue Square South/North up to the prem, eventually won the prem and went onto to CL glory, all on a shoestring without much money, so not being able to manage that as newcastle, an established club must mean either you have something wrong with tactics, or you need to refine your player searches/scouting. It's perfectly possible to take Newcastle to the top. It might take a few seasons but it's possible.

Alright, on the other hand I'd like to share my thoughts.

I play FM deeply. I like to get IN to the game, full managerial experience. No holidays and stuff. I usually play with my favorite team for long term save. Control my U-19 and reserve teams too. Scout players, tweak tactics. Think things through before I hit 'continue'.

Due to being grown-up and having other responsibilities than taking care of my FM team I usually find about 1 hour a day to play the game. That's more-less enough to play one first team game in one real-life day. It takes me some 1-2 months to complete a season. In 4-5 seasons I start to feel that this save is slowly losing it's charm for me, perhaps I need a new challenge in game, change clubs or something.

But it's autumn in real life for this time! A month or so before new FM is released and I hadn't have any other save yet. No time to try any challenges (e.g. bring BSP club to Premiership), I haven't tried international management yet etc. etc.

In conclusion, for me this game can offer much more entertainment than I can (or have time to) consume in one year before new version is released! Every game you start is different, leagues you load are different, regens that are created are different. I'm truly convinced that users who complain in the forums that they are bored with FM already in February/March are just rushing through the game and then complaining that their 'manager experience expectations' are not fulfilled.

You know what, with the right tactics and trainiing this games is again pretty easy, almost too easy. What annoys me way more is the lack of what i see as 'playability' - it's so clumsily constructed - e.g why when i end a conversation with a player, do i then have to exit the chat, just fing ridiculous and that's one of about a thousand annoying things i've noticed...

Plenty of people have taken teams from Blue Square South/North up to the prem, eventually won the prem and went onto to CL glory, all on a shoestring without much money, so not being able to manage that as newcastle, an established club must mean either you have something wrong with tactics, or you need to refine your player searches/scouting. It's perfectly possible to take Newcastle to the top. It might take a few seasons but it's possible.

Im not complaining its too hard, im just saying its lost its enjoyable factor, i see not getting any sympathy so must be just me really, maybe im not patient enough i dont know but just dont enjoy it anymore.....

Im not complaining its too hard, im just saying its lost its enjoyable factor, i see not getting any sympathy so must be just me really, maybe im not patient enough i dont know but just dont enjoy it anymore.....

People have different preferences and enjoy different games.

FM is taking a more strategic direction which suits me as I like strategy and RPG type games. I also like the quicker arcade type games like FIFA when I have less time or don't want to use as much brainpower. One type of game I don't like though is FPS, I just don't have an interest in them. This doesn't make them bad though, they are just not for me.

i love it even at the tender age of 38,my wife and kids think i'm a nut,shouting at the screen in anger or jumping around the room when a goal is scored due to a tactical adjustment i made.For me the trick is micro-management,it takes a month for me to finish a season(just started 2015 season).refining tactics,looking for newgens to improve my squad,training etc,etc.

top quality game imho.

Archived