How do you get an unhappy player to talk to you again?

I am playing as Arsenal manager and Fabregas is currently unhappy with me due to lack of mangerial discipline. He now wont speak to me. Everytime I try to have a private chat with him to try to resolve the issue, he just says our relationship has broken down and he doesnt want to speak to me. Ive tried praising his performances after matches but he is still unhappy.

While on the subject, what does mangerial discipline actually mean? Because its an issue I come across various times while playing the game.

It usually happens if you don't issue a warning or fine a player after a game he was sent off in, or if you say in the press confrence that the player will be going straight back into your team once he's served his ban etc.

Not sure how to make him talk to you asap, but if you leave it a while the player will normally let you speak to him again a few months later. :thup:

No, not at all. There's no way an unhappy player would talk to you again. This is very annoying that those players feel disinterested to play in every single match for you, and whenever your team scores, they are looking complacent(you can check player's motivation during the match). So the best way is sell them ASAP.

Praising his performances after a match (i.e post-match team talk) is apparently only relevant for the motivation in the next match and doesn't build or mend relationships.

Praising his performances when he doesn't play well only makes things worse.

If you criticise him for actual poor performances (sub-6.0's) he may eventually turn around since those reactions are mostly positive. However, if he doesn't take criticism too well, I have only one piece of advice for you:

Get rid of that moron! He ruins the harmony of the club and is clearly too unprofessional to be worth having around. Such players are nearly impossible to motivate and that is a key factor in this game.

Archived