Do you have a plan B?

There was a program on today where some pundits were criticising Barcelona for not having a plan B, saying they cannot defend deep and if they cant use their passing to break a team down then they have no alternative.

This got me thinking I play a quick fluid Barca style tactic and so far I have no plan B. So I have signed a big striker and am working on a more direct cross to the big man version of my tactic. Hopefully this will give me the plan B I need if I cannot break down a stubborn defence.

So do you have a plan b or do you believe one style of play is enough for FM?

My usual strategy is a short passing, slow tempo, narrow width, deep d line control 4-2-3-1.

When that's not working I have a second tactic set in match prep, same formation but man marking instead of zonal, direct passing very high d line, and very quick tempo attacking strategy. If that also fails I then go to plan c. 4-3-3 overload punt it to the forwards and pray tactic.

my classic tactic is simple in so far as I only need to tinker with team global settings to change the way my team play... I have a number of tried and tested pre-set (in my head) configurations of the sliders that have proven to work in a given situation over many seasons of FM09/10 and now 11 and I can instantly switch to them if I see the need. But most of the time I just leave it at the defaults.

Archived