Fm 2008

I started playing FM 2008 again today, and i must say this is the fm ive enjoyed the most. I like all the football manager games but i dont think ive enjoyed any of the recent ones as much as 2008, although im not sure many people would share this opinion as i rarely see this game mentioned in the forums. any other people out there agree?

The Match engine is pretty strong you can play long or short, fast or slow and it handles all formations with out giving a big advantage to one in particular. Its also pretty fast.

The amount of transfer speculation your asked to comment on is annoying and the transfer market is a bit off plenty of offers for squad players but no one comes sniffing after your stars. Regens are pretty wretched with very low pace acceleration and marking almost across the board.

Was FM08 the one with the so called unstoppable 4-2-4 formation from the AI?

FM08 was ok, i did play it alot, but i enjoyed FM07/FM10/FM11 much more. I didn't like how every player's attributes massively decreased once they got to 30 or over on FM08. :thdn:

FM08 still remains on my hard drive with my greatest save ever; which I occassionaly dip in to - 16 seasons all with Salisbury City and in the Premier League, good times. For me the best version of the game yet, although I'm quite hooked on FM11 at the moment so we shall see where that takes me.

Archived