Disallowed goals

Does anyone feel the rate of disallowed goals is too high? I haven't kept a record of how many goals I've had disallowed but it does seem to be quite high.

I appreciate it's part and parcel of the game with many goals in real life ruled out due to offsides, infringements and fouls. I just think FMH has the ratio a little too high.

What do people think?

Is there a particular formation or strategic settings that are giving you a hefty number of disallowed goals? Or does it seem to happen no matter what changes you make?

Cheers. :)

Hi Chris. I don't think it has anything to with the tactics as I play the same tactics in every game - only switching between attacking and defensive mentality depending on the quality of the opposition and whether I'm playing home or away. For what its worth, I play a 4-4-2 attacking formation with pressing, normal tackling and mixed passing.

The other thing I've noticed is that the vast majority of these goals (if not all) are goals that I have scored and not scored by the opposing team.

I think there are too many in terms of gameplay. They may be statistically accurate, but they are a real sickener. The worst ones are when you are playing big name clubs and score the winner or equaliser in the last 5 minutes, only for it to be ruled out. I play the offside trap so tend to catch the other side out with as many disallowed ones that i have - in general play. However, considering that my team has more shots on goal overall by about 2:1 i feel it's weighted against the player. I use attacking and balanced play and can't see much difference between the two.

• SI Staff

Generally speaking there will be a fair few causes for disallowed goals - generally tactics combined with the types of players being used, for instance if you tell someone to be a 'Poacher' but they have low 'Movement' then its more likely they'll be caught offside than if they're playing as say a Target Man (because you're specifically telling them to get in and score - making runs through defenses is part and parcel of that) .... if you're playing Attacking as well as that then again he'll be even more likely to be looking for chances and making runs.

I'm not quite sure on this idea, but when I was in Conference I had loads of goals disallowed but also scoring loads, now that i'm in league 2 and struggling hardly any are disallowed and yet hardly scoring. I, personally, think that it depends on how often you score.

Archived