Most satisfying aspect of FM????

Hi there

What has been your most satisfying aspect of playing FM/CM?

Whether it be long term career mode games or just picking your fave clubs , what has been your best experience??

Mines was trying to get the Villa job where I started off unemployed and I finally achieved it in season 13/14 in FM11

in my opinion the best thing about football manager is taking a small team from the lowest possible league, and turning them into a world footballing powerhouse.

I'm currently in the middle of this task as Rushden, and im loving every min of it.

It depends on how much proficient are you with FM. A seasoned gamer always take small clubs and make them big clubs in continent. Many people prefer a journeyman career spread across various countries. Also you can find plenty gamers play with their favorite clubs. All of them are full of varied satisfaction. Take your pick!

I just love it when a decision I make comes off. Whether that's a tactical choice in a game, or when I've sold a senior player to allow a young player to take his spot, and the young player rewards my faith in him.

This. Especially when it may seem at first to be preety insignificant but in the end changes the game in your favor.

* Bringing in what looks like "just a decent rotation player" for small change and then seeing him become a club legend, consistently outplaying players with much higher attributes.

* Slowly leading your favourite club to international glory (only if you support a relatively obscure club of course...). Making it through the qualifying rounds, finally reaching the CL Group Stage and avoiding getting steamrolled by Europe's giants is a great feeling. Too bad it's not too difficult getting there after a couple of seasons...

All in all playing the game, despite all its flaws and shortcomings, is always a blast

i like the little suprises. The player who you were about to abandon, is arguable one of the weekest players(on paper) but you give him one last chance and he pays back the faith 2 fold. In my current redditch game, I have a new gen striker called Chris Webb who I signed from Tamworth 6-7 years ago while in the blue square premier. He had done well for me over the years, but the championship seemed a step to far, and he started to take a backup role, at 25 I knew he wasn't gooing to get any better, but the fact he had a high determination, made me hold on to him for a little while longer, he made a good tutor for younger promising players. after being forced to sell an established striker, I noticed that Webb had had a good pre season out performing the more established players. So I gave him a chance with the first team, 13 games later he has scored 14 goals and been and played 95% of my games. He topped the championships scoring list, man of the match list and average rating list. My assistant manager rates him with 2 stars, but he's currently easily out performing them.

Bringing through the youngsters is easily my favourite part of the game. I had a striker in the same save called Jamie James, I signed him on a free in the blue square premier after liverpool released him. The scouts rated him with league 1 potential. At first I wasnt sure about him because he had finishing at 7 and was physically poor, accel, pace, strength and jumping all lower than 10. However he had a big heart, very determined brave, aggressive, good movement and worked hard. So I took a gamble on him. Focused his training on finishing and high intesity physical training. 8 years later he was one of the championship to performers and the board forced him to be sold to birmingham in the premiership, where he was easily holding his own as a 1 in 2 man. Point is the scouts knew he was potentially good but never thought he would be championship quality, let alone prem quality. I was close to ignoring him because of big flaws in his attributes for a striker, but I loved his attitude and took a gamble which paid of big time.

Probably my current save with Halifax started at EVO stick level 3 titles in 3 season has seen me rise into League 2 and currently mid table. Have brought a couple of young lads through the ranks and although they are not world beaters they get a job done and it pays off to see your faith in players working.

Just lacking a 20goal a season man at the minute though.

Archived