Cutting of supply

You want to be closing down the wingers and midfielders to limit the balls coming into him while you may want to consider marking him tightly (especially if he lacks pace/anticipation) to put him under pressure hopefully leading to him making poor passes/decisions.

That said I would be careful about closing down a really pacy winger too much as they could easily dance past your fullback leading to a more dangerous situation.

You may also want to close down their fullbacks but I tend to allow them to play balls into a target man and then challenge/pressure him when he receives it.

Hey I was just wondering what to do when it sais cut of supply to somebody, for example when they are good in the air, does it just mean mark him tightly or is there a way you can stop balls coming into him? Thanks

Mark tightly, plus closing down on any wide midfielders. Fullbacks and wing backs I would check their crossing first, maybe close down a Gareth Bale type. Cutting off supply to feet is close down the central midfielders.

Archived