Arsenal-esque Problem

Right. So I've got my team playing an Arsenal style of football, just with backbone and basically not the faults of Wenger's team, except for one thing:

They won't shoot.

After almost every match now I get the standard comment from other managers that "They play some nice stuff, but they would be better off shooting rather than trying to pass the ball into the back of the net".

Considering that I don't want to start playing Stoke football, how can I tell just my forwards to shoot more, and be like my midfield who seem to have the right attitude about them? I've tried for example "shoot on sight" in the touchline instructions, but that makes the whole team do it. Anyone know?

Are we talking about a lack of shots from inside or outside the area or both?

If it's the first I would consider upping the mentality of your striker(s). If it's the second just do what people have already said in the thread. And if it's both, maybe try both solutions ;)

I think it's been said elsewhere that this might be a bug. The 'shot more' comment comes up far too often especially when you have a set of players with above average technical ability for the division. I wouldn't overly worry.

Archived