English Premiership Fixtures

The other 3 times I've asked this, it's been ignored!

I'm going to post it one more time, as it really really bugs me

Does anyone else have the problem where a main title rival has exactly the same fixture run after you...?

Why can't this be randomised more effectively...?

Just wondering if it is widely known on other people's games or just me....!

Thanks

The fixture computer is garbage...

you can guarantee that if you have to play a title rival in a cup semi you will also have to play them in the league either immediately before or immediately after the cup game...

Why have the option to "use real fixtures" when they NEVER materialise..? The way the fixtures are generated really needs some work, it has always been annoying that they are so crap...

One season on FM09, I was top, City were 2nd and I had to face them in the CL over two legs, the League Cup Final, FA Cup 5th round AND the league game all in the space of 3 or 4 weeks... it's rubbish like this that ruins the game for me...

The fixture computer is garbage...

you can guarantee that if you have to play a title rival in a cup semi you will also have to play them in the league either immediately before or immediately after the cup game...

Why have the option to "use real fixtures" when they NEVER materialise..? The way the fixtures are generated really needs some work, it has always been annoying that they are so crap...

One season on FM09, I was top, City were 2nd and I had to face them in the CL over two legs, the League Cup Final, FA Cup 5th round AND the league game all in the space of 3 or 4 weeks... it's rubbish like this that ruins the game for me...

But the league fixtures are decided long before the cup fixtures are drawn, its impossible for them to be linked that way.

Also by the end of next week barcelona's last 6 games will have included 4 games against Real, it can happen depending on how the cups work out.

What are you talking about mate... This happens in real life, how on earth can this be a game ruiner?! That's just purely luck of the draw... or unluck in your case.

Like the poster above points out - that very thing is happening at the moment with Barca and Real, they've got their 2 CL legs, the spanish cup final and their league game.

But the league fixtures are decided long before the cup fixtures are drawn, its impossible for them to be linked that way.

Also by the end of next week barcelona's last 6 games will have included 4 games against Real, it can happen depending on how the cups work out.

What are you talking about mate... This happens in real life, how on earth can this be a game ruiner?! That's just purely luck of the draw... or unluck in your case.

Like the poster above points out - that very thing is happening at the moment with Barca and Real, they've got their 2 CL legs, the spanish cup final and their league game.

All well and good if it's a one-off... but as the OP says, it appears far too regular to be 'random'. My example was a single one, but in the FM09 save I refer to, I probably played City more than any other team in the world, in all competitions (except WCC), over the course of the save.. I don't have 09 installed so can't load up and provide screenies but the fact remains that the generation of the fixtures needs work... a lot of work...

All well and good if it's a one-off... but as the OP says, it appears far too regular to be 'random'. My example was a single one, but in the FM09 save I refer to, I probably played City more than any other team in the world, in all competitions (except WCC), over the course of the save.. I don't have 09 installed so can't load up and provide screenies but the fact remains that the generation of the fixtures needs work... a lot of work...

I cant say i could remember a single instance of this happening, im sure it definitely will have happened but the fact i dont remember tells me its not really that regular. Anyway it all depends on what teams have cup runs, if your consistently getting through to the later rounds of cups then obviously you will play the bigger teams more often and if you get to most semi finals there is a chance you will have back to back games with big teams because of fixture re-arranging.

I'm sure if you look through the SPL fixtures for the last 10 years you will see plenty instances of teams playing each other 3/4 times over the course of 5/6 games, even back to back games against the same teams, it does happen regularly up here.

glad its not just me then...

definitely needs looking at for 12. this morning i checked a post i made in the bugs ages ago:

"Thanks for the information, this is something that we are looking into."

we'll see then...

it seems to be a different rival each year, but @taylorsmen - your example must be so annoying...

Archived