Help a recovering FML addict!

I need help fellas.

I am a long time user of FM. I have been addicted to it since it first came out in 1990(ish). I have played EVERY CM/FM game up until FM10 which is when I discovered FML and took me away from FM. I love FML to bits but as you probably know, it is shutting down in a few weeks.

I am therefore wanting to get back in to FM.

What I like about FML is starting with almost nothing and building the club up. I feel a sense of ownership of my club and players.

I want the same feeling with FM11. I want to start at a small club with some potential to expand. I don't want to start at a small club that will remain small.

Any advice on a good starting team - BlueSQ Prem or lower ideally. I normally play as 'my' team - Newcastle - but there just doesn't seem to be the challenge anymore. Once you know the players to buy you just kind of get on with it.

So, that's it, I don't want to lose my love affair with the FM series but if I don't 'get in' to FM11 soon I feel it will be gone forever. A 20 year relationship gone in an instant!

May I suggest the editors forum. There you can download some custom bits which will allow you to start much further down than the boxed version of FM11 allows.

I started off at Hungerford in the Zamaretto Division One South & West. Perfect.

You can expand most teams at that level, as they are all pretty equal when starting. It's all about the wheeling and dealing!! Maybe do a bit of research beforehand to see who is well-supported at lower levels.

Archived