2100 and beyond with the top 5 leagues

After trying Iceland for over 2850 years, I wanted some of the bigger leagues to be the focus of my next holidaying project. I decided to load all the leagues of England, Spain, Italy, Germany, and France to see what would happen with them over time. Obviously it is going a bit more slowly than with just Iceland running, but I have passed 2100 and am on track for 2127 by the end of the day. This first update focuses on what has happened up to 2099. While these 5 leagues remain the tops in Europe, there has been some switching back and forth among them. England and Italy have had a bit of variety in their top flights. Spain's big 4 have been Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, and Valencia. Germany has been dominated by Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen with Dortmund providing the main competition. France has mostly been a battle between Lyon and Marseille although a number of teams have contended behind them. Money is really flowing at the top clubs, especially now that a number of them have 100000+ seat stadiums. As before, the save games will trickle out slowly along with the updates and I will be providing a number of screenshots. Here we go on those:

2099wc.jpg

2099euro.jpg

2099natcoeff.jpg

2099comp.jpg

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic. Its a pity that there's little variation in league winners, especially in England. You'd hope that there'd be one out of the blue side in there- I remember in previous editions the big 4- especially Man Utd- would fade away over time, often to oblivion (League 2). Obviously not the case here. Andria's rise in the 2050s is a nice quirk though it seems pretty ho-hum otherwise.

I take there havent been any big names to fall?

Very Interesting. I'm running a similar holiday at the moment, with more leagues admittedly, but saved in two-year chunks. I don't know how it will affect the game, but it could be an interesting counterpoint to this when it reaches the same stage.

100 years from now, the sum of 100M still can made leading transfer. Economy must've gotten better and beat inflation some years to come.

Portugal can actually winning something ? They must've developed new boysband after Figo and that Ronaldo generation.

And Manchester Citeh ? Dominating Premier League ? Surely after the current sheeik passed away +-30 years after now his heir will grow some brain and stop the nonsense.... :D

Yay, according to your data, I can look forward for the bluebirds playing league football at the end of this century :D but weird seeing Fulham strugging in L2 and Southend being in the Premier League

EDIT: Were Wigan the first Premiership to sink to the BSP?:O thats very weird

I'm currently doing something like this into 2092/93 at the moment. Bit more variations in the Premiership winners for me although not a great deal. AFC Wimbledon have won it 3 times now so surprised to see them going back into BSS in your game.

I will try to answer the points raised so far and then I have another interesting screenshot. I have moved past 2137 now in the game.

Yes, the variation in league winners is not the best, especially in Spain, Germany, and France, but I would not be surprised to see more changes in the future. As for big names to fall, I would say the biggest in the first 100 years have been the likes of Auxerre, Mallorca, Racing, Genoa, and Sampdoria. I can tell you that Juventus have taken a tumble now though.

The Portuguese teams benefit from not being loaded as their reputations do not drop as easily. Also the big 3 have less competition for qualifying for Europe.

Samba! Yeah it was weird to see him at the top of the hall of fame. Thierry Henry was his assistant for at least some of the time.

The A-League was not loaded, so not a lot of information on Australia.

Inflation is supposedly not programmed into the game. The transfers are limited anyways because SI have programmed a maximum 150 million pound transfer budget and 5 million pounds per week. Several teams have enough money for that mark. Portugal always seem to do okay in the game. Manchester City benefits from the spending of the past because it increases the fan base and allows them to make more money late in the game even without external funding.

The save file only recently crossed 1 GB uncompressed. Honestly it probably still runs fine, although it would be hard on slower computers.

Wigan, Fulham, Blackpool, Blackburn, Stoke, and Sunderland tend to have the worst luck in my holiday games.

The hosting is a disappointment and seems to be exactly the same as in my other holiday game.

Here is my latest screenshot: (I would like to see something this big in real life)

2120bayern.jpg

I reckon Inter paying Parma 85million for Kaka in 2060 is a good bit of business for Parma.. I can't believe he'd be that good at 80+ :p

can you give us a screenie of Huddersfield's League positions please?

Great to see them in the Prem, it's just a pity that the mighty white sh.... up the road are doing well in both the league and Europe.. :(

Serie A is very interesting with the rise of Andria and Pro Vercelli seemingly doing a bit of alright too. A screen of both those clubs if you wouldnt mind? Also Liverpool if you could! I thought our current wait for a title was bad, but not liking the length of time after the title win in 2016 :(

Andria did get a consortium, but they did a lot of hard work to get to where they are.

The big two French teams have managed to really rake in the cash. I think early success plus decent stadiums helped them.

Leeds are one of a few teams to re-establish themselves.

It is set to minimum detail as it would be far too slow at any other level. Past versions have seen a little more variation though.

A 150 year update is in the works.

Time for the 150 year update now that I have gotten past 2160. Things are starting to change as times goes on. Some of the big clubs continue to press their advantages from the past but more teams are breaking in and playing a role. As usual there will be a number of screenshots to show what is happening.

2160wceuro.jpg

2160natcoeff.jpg

2160comp.jpg

2160teamcoeff.jpg

Archived