Why do managers with no experience get the job ahead of me?

They have no experience managing and have a smaller rep. Would it help if I applied even though I am in a job? I just think it seems you have to wait ages to be approached even though you get touted as the favourite alot. I would rise up the ranks a lot quicker if I applied carefully, what do you think?

if i'm reading this correctly then you havn't applied for the actual job, i'd say thats a pretty big reason .

To be fair, I've been offered plenty of jobs without actually applying - that's the basis of this topic. Is it worth risking the wrath of your current employers if you look elsewhere?

They may have higher reputation, riding the wave from being a player.

It regularly happens in real life.

No they don't, most are regen coaches with no expereience and a national rep. I have continental rep and the club can afford to buy out my contract.

I rarely get jobs I applied for. Holidayed to 2020, gave myself international footballer rep, and couldn't get a job all season despite applying for everything in England, Spain, Italy, Germany and France, plus international jobs. Though I can't complain too much...as I then got offered out of the blue the Barcelona job at the end of the season... But then I applied for lots of national team jobs and was rejected from all of them for a season, then got offered(after applying) the Italy job, who are world number 1's at the moment. Seems a little odd to me. The lesser teams reject me but the best don't.

To be fair, I've been offered plenty of jobs without actually applying - that's the basis of this topic. Is it worth risking the wrath of your current employers if you look elsewhere?

i've only really had this when it's been a big club coming in for me. In my experience applying and then having to apologise to the board does little to your reputation (assuming of course you're liked/secure with your current club) unless you're applying for every single thing that comes up day after day

It seems, to me at least, that what you select for 'past-experience' when initially making your manager has too large an impact on getting a job, not so much at the start of the game but later on it should have little to no effect on wether you get the job.

Maybe in the coding for the selection of a new manager SI could add some way of reducing the effect of initial experience dependant on the year in game. (I have next to no clue how you could do this, its just a suggestion)

It seems, to me at least, that what you select for 'past-experience' when initially making your manager has too large an impact on getting a job, not so much at the start of the game but later on it should have little to no effect on wether you get the job.

agreed somewhat. See the likes of Alan Shearer in game, gets too many of the jobs going in the prem for my liking, where more experienced candidates in the managerial side of things should be appointed

Archived