Terminating a Loaned players contract

Why can't I do this? The player is injured and I want to return them to their parent club. There is no option to terminate. Surely I should have the ability to terminate when I wish to. Particularly when my assistant is telling me to return them to their parent club.

I don't know the terms of the loan because I didn't loan them. They were loaned from the start of the game as im in the first season.

It being simply 'not an option' is not a reason, I want to know why. Is this an accurate reflection of how it works irl? Plus why would my assistant tell me to return the player to the loan club if it weren't an option?

If you've agreed a contract to loan a player for a period of time, you can't just send him back because it suits you. No doubt you're paying 100% of his wages and his club wouldn't exactly be delighted if you sent him back injured early and forced them to pay for his wages and treatment.

I don't know the terms of the loan because I didn't loan them. They were loaned from the start of the game as im in the first season.

It being simply 'not an option' is not a reason, I want to know why. Is this an accurate reflection of how it works irl? Plus why would my assistant tell me to return the player to the loan club if it weren't an option?

Some of the reasons you can't return them would be:

A) A fee was paid for the loan

B) No recall clause in the contract

C) Your outside of a transfer window (differs from country to country I think)

If you've agreed a contract to loan a player for a period of time, you can't just send him back because it suits you. No doubt you're paying 100% of his wages and his club wouldn't exactly be delighted if you sent him back injured early and forced them to pay for his wages and treatment.

Yet my assistant tells me to do exactly that? Why would the programmers put that in if what you say is true?

I've seen clubs irl take back injured players back from a loan, as they usually prefer to take over treatment of the player for a mid to long term injury as it is THEIR player and they are going to be going back to the club eventually. I wouldn't think most clubs would want to risk taking back a crocked player due to bad treatment at another club..

Not true.

In the English leagues as long as he:

1) Hasn't paid a fee to loan the player

2) Hasn't removed the "player can be recalled" clause

then he is able to cancel the loan at any time.

Yet my assistant tells me to do exactly that? Why would the programmers put that in if what you say is true?

I've seen clubs irl take back injured players back from a loan, as they usually prefer to take over treatment of the player for a mid to long term injury as it is THEIR player and they are going to be going back to the club eventually. I wouldn't think most clubs would want to risk taking back a crocked player due to bad treatment at another club..

I think the assistant statement is just one of those quirks in FM that needs to be ironed out.

Whether you can terminate a loan depends on the terms of the contract. I believe IRL if you've agreed a fee to loan the player, you can't exactly send him back, as it's like an 'Option to Purchase'.

Archived