manager of the month but lost all games

I got a funny message in my save yesterday. A bit lame to call it a bug, but it is awkward nonetheless:

I'm in Scottish 2nd Divisionand I got the message that the Stirling Albion manager won the manager of the month award for May. Funny as Sirling lost all their games of that month, the last game of the league eason and the relegation play offs on aggregate, and got relegated as a result... Forfar, who won the promotion playoffs, would be a far better candidate.

I think it has something to do with the promotion playoffs being seen as Division 1 games (as it is also a relegation play off for that league), and the relegation playoffs (which are also promotion play offs for Div 3) which are seen as Div2 games. So Stirling was probably the only team that were active in Div2 in May, apart for the final game of the league season, while Forfar and myself were battling it out in Div1 temporarily.

Are you sure they are regarded as Division 1 games? Been a while (July last year) but sure when doing histories we put it down as Division 2 playoffs... As Division 1 playoffs would be like Championship playoffs (up to the top league).

It is very weird though, I didn't even think they had a Manager of a Month for May (they don't in real life in the SPL).

I'm not sure about the promotion playoffs of Div2 being regarded as Div1 playoffs by the game, but it was the only explination I could think of. Why would a club that lost 3 games and relegated as a result be crowned manager of the month, while on the top side of the table, Forfar sprinted towards the PO's, beating the chamions (and my team Brechin in the semi's) in the process and eventually winning promotion..

Archived