11.3 Tactics Comparison (show off ur tactic)

Hi all,..

First of all, there are too much tactics in this forum, and most of the people tend go to the big name tacticians and a lot of the good quality tactics also had being abandoned or underrated.. So, this is a place to PROVE or PROMOTE your tactic thread..

NT: I'll update this first post with your test and link to your thread (or the original's tactic thread)..

ADDITIONAL:

So I'm finally done with my save game and it's ready to start testing.

What I did:

1. Edited all players with FMRTE to a value of 15 (world class -1) and edited them to cover a wide range of positions.

2. Edited all players moral, fitness and jadedness to optimal settings.

3. Removed all players PPMs for both teams.

4. Edited the teams reputation both to 6500.

What you need to do:

1. Get FMRTE.

2. Load either the home or away save game.

3. Set up your tactic and progress to the game day.

4. Now start FMRTE and load the game.

5. Load both teams from the information screen into FMRTE

6. Go to the "Teams" screen and press "Heal Team" press save button and press "Inspire Team" on the right and the save button again.

7. Go to match preparation and set all values to 100 in order to get a fluid tactic do it for both teams.

Additional:

If you want to test your tactic against a certain formation* do the following: (*you should do this in the save game provided by me in order to change the tactic if they don't have at least 1 day to change the tactic you won't be able to set it to fluid again)

1. Load FMRTE.

2. Load the game.

3. Go to "Information" --> "Staff" of your oppositions team and select the manager.

4. Load the manager into FMRTE.

5. Go to "Formations/Tendencies" and set all formations to the formation you want to play against and save.

This should do the trick but remember to set the oppositions tactic to fluid again.

Testing:

Play the game and take screen shots of all 4 stat screens, in order to get all the stats from your games.

After you have done this just reload the game you have saved and repeat the process with screen shot taking, I advice you to rename the files after you have taken them otherwise they will overwrite each other because it's the same game at the same date.

I name my screens something like this "TACTC NAME - HOME/AWAY *opposition formation* - (Player Ratings/Match Stats/Home Stats/Away Stats) - 001".

This way you can keep a better order.

If you post results of your tactic you might also want to give a short introduction to it with a screen shot of your formation.

Download Home: Rapidshare | Mediafire | Megaupload

Download Away: Rapidshare | Mediafire | Megaupload

Downalod FMRTE

That being said I will start testing some tactics and post them here. Since I want to start with some popular tactics I will probably test Mr.Houghs 11.3 tactics in order to determine which of them brings the best results.

In which criteria on how you test your tactic?

1. Preferable 5 times test your tactic in each home and away matches. (at least 3 times)

2. Take Screenshot in:

- player ratings

- match stats

- home stats

- away stats

3. name your screeny with this format: "TACTC NAME - HOME/AWAY *opposition formation* - (Player Ratings/Match Stats/Home Stats/Away Stats) - 001".

4. The tactic will be tested against:

Against 4-4-2

442.png

Against 4-2-3-1

4231.png

Against 4-5-1

451w.png

example that I'll collect to my OP.

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic. (links to the thread, if any)

1st test (WIN 3-0)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Player Ratings - 001 (link to the screen shots)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Match Stats - 001 (link to the screen shots)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Home Stats - 001 (link to the screen shots)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Away Stats - 001 (link to the screen shots)

2nd test (WIN 2-1)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Player Ratings - 002 (link to the screen shots)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Match Stats - 002 (link to the screen shots)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Home Stats - 002 (link to the screen shots)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Away Stats - 002 (link to the screen shots)

3rd test (WIN 2-0)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Player Ratings - 003 (link to the screen shots)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Match Stats - 003 (link to the screen shots)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Home Stats - 003 (link to the screen shots)

11.3 EricTan 442 world breaker tactic - home - 4-4-2 - Away Stats - 003 (link to the screen shots)

Any suggestion or advices will be welcome.

TEST RESULT:

3 Pedigree's and a Tombstone Piledriver

Formation

3pedigresandatombstonep.png

Game by Game

Against 4-4-2

3 - 3 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

5 - 0 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

0 - 1 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

2 - 1 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

1 - 1 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

Against 4-2-3-1

1 - 3 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

3 - 0 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

5 - 1 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

1 - 0 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

Against 4-5-1

4 - 1 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

3 - 1 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

Wins: 10 Draws: 2 Losses: 3

Zero Sea's Fairyland

Game by Game

Against 4-4-2

5 - 0 Formations | Match Stats

4 - 1 Formations | Match Stats

0 - 2 Formations | Match Stats

1 - 2 Formations | Match Stats

Against 4-2-3-1

Against 4-5-1

Wins: 2 Draws: 0 Losses: 2

Hi all,..

First of all, there are too much tactics in this forum, and most of the people tend go to the big name tacticians and a lot of the good quality tactics also had being abandoned or underrated.. So, this is a place to PROVE or PROMOTE your tactic thread..

First Challenge: TRY UR TACTIC with LIVERPOOL!

Second Challenge: TRY UR TACTIC with BLACKPOOL!

NT: I'll update this first post with your achievements and link to your thread..

Help: Can anybody help me to upload a new save game with playable England league with the range of Premier League and Championship? So, ppl will start to prove their tactic from this file. Thanks a bunch..

Rules:

- No signing in the first season

- Holiday mode is accepted

- Start the game with the save game that had been provided

If you want people to prove their tactic, holiday mode cant be used unless its a tactic in classic mode and even then its not a good way to test them.

If you want people to prove their tactic, holiday mode cant be used unless its a tactic in classic mode and even then its not a good way to test them.

Well said, the calculation of the result is different from holiday mode and you manage yourself. Holiday mode more tend to calculate by teams' reputation.

Well said, the calculation of the result is different from holiday mode and you manage yourself. Holiday mode more tend to calculate by teams' reputation.

I see, thanks for the feedback and the understanding of the FM ME process, now I got i more clearer now.. I'll change the OP for that..

But I really hope to see ppl can show off their tactic with the others with the same team from the same file.. :)

Surely the team you play with really matters just as much as the tactic. For example Blackpool might not have a good AMC (just an example) so all formations using an AMC would be disadvantaged.

Also the team must suit the style of play. I wouldn't attempt a quick short passing type of play I use with my Arsenal with Blackpool.

Just a suggestion - as Lucatonix pointed out, either Liverpool or Blackpool may have unsuitable players for some formations.

How about having a choice of possibly 2 or 3 teams of Liverpool's standard you could choose to test your tactic with and 2 or 3 Blackpool standard teams.

In this range of teams, have teams with players suited to both wide and narrow formations.

I don't think you will get a very good picture of which tactic is the best with a test like this.

On top of that I have 3 tactics to chose from all the time and I will change my tactics according to who I play and how I want my team to play which is imo the way to get the best results atm.

Another thing is you won't get comparable matches all the time especially after a few games the motivation of teams you play and injury problems will begin to differ and thous a real comparison is impossible, there are just too many other factors apart form tactics involved in how your team will perform.

The only thing that would offer a real comparison imo would be to play the same game like 100 times and then compare average statistics, but the problem remains that you would have to get at a point where all teams have the same players available and the opposition would have to be exactly the same down to the fitness levels and moral and all which is basically impossible.

Having an objective comparison between tactics is rather impossible I think.

I don't think you will get a very good picture of which tactic is the best with a test like this.

On top of that I have 3 tactics to chose from all the time and I will change my tactics according to who I play and how I want my team to play which is imo the way to get the best results atm.

Another thing is you won't get comparable matches all the time especially after a few games the motivation of teams you play and injury problems will begin to differ and thous a real comparison is impossible, there are just too many other factors apart form tactics involved in how your team will perform.

The only thing that would offer a real comparison imo would be to play the same game like 100 times and then compare average statistics, but the problem remains that you would have to get at a point where all teams have the same players available and the opposition would have to be exactly the same down to the fitness levels and moral and all which is basically impossible.

Having an objective comparison between tactics is rather impossible I think.

Just a suggestion - as Lucatonix pointed out, either Liverpool or Blackpool may have unsuitable players for some formations.

How about having a choice of possibly 2 or 3 teams of Liverpool's standard you could choose to test your tactic with and 2 or 3 Blackpool standard teams.

In this range of teams, have teams with players suited to both wide and narrow formations.

Surely the team you play with really matters just as much as the tactic. For example Blackpool might not have a good AMC (just an example) so all formations using an AMC would be disadvantaged.

Also the team must suit the style of play. I wouldn't attempt a quick short passing type of play I use with my Arsenal with Blackpool.

Thanks for the feedback to show some interest in the thread,.. Anyway, The idea which come in my mind before creating this thread is just as simple for us to have range of plug and play tactics which had been tested fairly in same conditions that had been given.. :D

any input for the challenges will be welcomed..

First I make the challenge on Liverpool is expect the tactic will bring the club for the EPL Championship which is not impossible..

Second I choose Blackpool is expect some tactic that can bring consistency and glory to the club (with hopefully a new Diablo exist in FM11)

NT: sorry for my bad english, as English is not my native language.. cheers

you can ahcieve those goals with the default 442 if you manage your club properly! the tactic play a very small part in victory or loss of each match, I find moral and team bonding far more important, I tend to do individual player talks with all of my players at least once every 3 matches, good team talks can turn a match around completely.

If you want great success you should play FM like real life football - no team uses the exact same tactic setup every match! They play according to how their opponents will play and then chage accordingly to beat that.

plug and play tactics shouldnt exist, and if they do, it's a problem to be fixed.

Hey Eric.

Since I actually found the idea of comparing tactics quite interesting I started an experiment which will hopefully create some comparable results.

I chose Fulham as a test subject and edited the team with the editor to have all players at a CA of 155 and a PA of 160 so I will have players for every possible position that are equally strong.

I then chose a tactic and start a pre-season with playing 8 matches before I will encounter my first game, so my team gets around 8 games to get used to the tactic.

After that I will play the first competitive game of the season 10 times and take screen shots off all 4 statistic screens after the game and make no changes to the tactic during the game only substitute the same 3 players for either injured or tired players.

Before the first game I also set the fitness level and moral of all my players to max level in order to get a level that can be created for all tests I will conduct in the future.

There are still some problems with having a real comparison here since different tactics will rely on players of a certain caliber more then others, a tactic that utilizes high creative freedom for example will struggle if the players in the squad aren't good at these stats and a tactic that needs physically strong players over everything else will have problems with a lot of small technical players in the squad, so the setup of Fulham might not be offer the best players for all formations.

An idea to work around this problem is to create a setups that has players with a rating of 15 in all the important areas for the position they play and 10 in those that aren't important this way players would be more balanced for all tactics I think.

Another problem is that 10 games against the same team, with optimal players condition and moral might not give a good overview of how the tactic will perform over a season.

As soon as I have finished my first tactic test I will post the results here and upload the starting save game and instructions on how to run the test so we can have some comparison.

P.S. the tactic I'm testing at the moment is Mr. Houghs "3 pedigrees and a pile driver" tactic.

Another thing I just thought off is that I have to eliminate the influence of bad moral and condition on the opposition I would have to edit the first opponent in a competitive match to have equal good condition and moral.

I also would have to test probably 10 home and 10 away games to see how the tactics perform home and away.

Well a lot to work on to get some results that are really comparable. ^^

Hey Eric.

Since I actually found the idea of comparing tactics quite interesting I started an experiment which will hopefully create some comparable results.

I chose Fulham as a test subject and edited the team with the editor to have all players at a CA of 155 and a PA of 160 so I will have players for every possible position that are equally strong.

I then chose a tactic and start a pre-season with playing 8 matches before I will encounter my first game, so my team gets around 8 games to get used to the tactic.

After that I will play the first competitive game of the season 10 times and take screen shots off all 4 statistic screens after the game and make no changes to the tactic during the game only substitute the same 3 players for either injured or tired players.

Before the first game I also set the fitness level and moral of all my players to max level in order to get a level that can be created for all tests I will conduct in the future.

There are still some problems with having a real comparison here since different tactics will rely on players of a certain caliber more then others, a tactic that utilizes high creative freedom for example will struggle if the players in the squad aren't good at these stats and a tactic that needs physically strong players over everything else will have problems with a lot of small technical players in the squad, so the setup of Fulham might not be offer the best players for all formations.

An idea to work around this problem is to create a setups that has players with a rating of 15 in all the important areas for the position they play and 10 in those that aren't important this way players would be more balanced for all tactics I think.

Another problem is that 10 games against the same team, with optimal players condition and moral might not give a good overview of how the tactic will perform over a season.

As soon as I have finished my first tactic test I will post the results here and upload the starting save game and instructions on how to run the test so we can have some comparison.

P.S. the tactic I'm testing at the moment is Mr. Houghs "3 pedigrees and a pile driver" tactic.

hi Flohrinho,

Thanks for the idea and the testing that you're going to test I'm really looking towards on the test that you'll present to us and I'll update in my OP too.. but really have a lot of work to do ya? hehe..

Anyway, can you upload ur save game after ur edit in database? so the others can test their tactic in the same 'database n fixtures' so it'll be very fair..

cheers,

you can ahcieve those goals with the default 442 if you manage your club properly! the tactic play a very small part in victory or loss of each match, I find moral and team bonding far more important, I tend to do individual player talks with all of my players at least once every 3 matches, good team talks can turn a match around completely.

If you want great success you should play FM like real life football - no team uses the exact same tactic setup every match! They play according to how their opponents will play and then chage accordingly to beat that.

plug and play tactics shouldnt exist, and if they do, it's a problem to be fixed.

hi Minimal_Fuss,

Yes I know that in real life football, there got no such plug & play tactic exist,.. N I do agree with you.. With a lot of tactics out there, actually we didnt stick in our tactic, but our game is just try A's tactic, then try B's tactic and others,.. And I honestly I seldom finish even 1 season of games because I almost seek for the 'perfect' tactic (which considered as a wrong mindset)..

Using our own tactic, the club's situation with the provided players will be much more excitement and enjoyment..

however, I created this thread just to help people (or maybe lazy ppl like myself) to get more fun with the provided tactic to play.. (if they get more fun in these)..

thanks for the input,

I think for this to be a widely used thread with many different tactics, the rules must be to simply give as much information about the match you are testing the tactic in as possible.

A screenshot of the tactic with squad selection for match (present the tactic)

A screenshot of tactic familiarity levels

A screenshot of the team with ability star ratings and morale

A screenshot of the league table

A screenshot of regen players, if any (this will exclude savegames from 2016+ from sheer amount of work)

A screenshot of the media predictions before the match (the idea is to present the opponent with enough information to let us compare - maybe try to choose a similar-strength opponent?)

A screenshot of the pre-match team talk, state OI if any

A screenshot of in-match morale ratings after 10 minutes

A screenshot of half-time match stats

A screenshot of half-time team talk

A screenshot of in-match morale ratings after 55 minutes

A screenshot of full-time match stats

This way, any player in any savegame could post any match as a comparison. Some of the information is crucial, for instance the success of the team talks would tell the reader how much the performances could be attributed to the tactic and how much to the professionality and pressure stats of the players (and skill of the human manager).

Liverpool is a team with wingers, attacking midfielders, defensive midfielders and enough strikers to allow any formation. It is also a team with reasonably professional players all over. A way to combine your ideas above with mine would be to start a new game with a International Reputation manager and take over Liverpool, load the tactic and set the ass.man to do everything for you. Holiday until, say, 1st of February then play the first match posting screenshots as seen above.

What do you think?

hi Flohrinho,

Thanks for the idea and the testing that you're going to test I'm really looking towards on the test that you'll present to us and I'll update in my OP too.. but really have a lot of work to do ya? hehe..

Anyway, can you upload ur save game after ur edit in database? so the others can test their tactic in the same 'database n fixtures' so it'll be very fair..

cheers,

Indeed a lot of work I also decided to even out the attributes for both teams to test with and get rid of PPMs in order to get as a playing field as level as possible so we can see the tactics effect better.

The idea is basically to take all those things concerning players out of the equation and only let the tactic and luck during games be the decisive factor which I think is the purest form you will be able to test a tactic.

Another thing I'm still not certain about is if it helps to have as many games in pre-season as possible in order to get your team accustomed to the tactic or to leave enough training time in between matches in order for your team to learn a tactic through training if someone on here knows what is more effective it would be nice to know it would save me a lot of testing. ^^

I think for this to be a widely used thread with many different tactics, the rules must be to simply give as much information about the match you are testing the tactic in as possible.

A screenshot of the tactic with squad selection for match (present the tactic)

A screenshot of tactic familiarity levels

A screenshot of the team with ability star ratings and morale

A screenshot of the league table

A screenshot of regen players, if any (this will exclude savegames from 2016+ from sheer amount of work)

A screenshot of the media predictions before the match (the idea is to present the opponent with enough information to let us compare - maybe try to choose a similar-strength opponent?)

A screenshot of the pre-match team talk, state OI if any

A screenshot of in-match morale ratings after 10 minutes

A screenshot of half-time match stats

A screenshot of half-time team talk

A screenshot of in-match morale ratings after 55 minutes

A screenshot of full-time match stats

This way, any player in any savegame could post any match as a comparison. Some of the information is crucial, for instance the success of the team talks would tell the reader how much the performances could be attributed to the tactic and how much to the professionality and pressure stats of the players (and skill of the human manager).

Liverpool is a team with wingers, attacking midfielders, defensive midfielders and enough strikers to allow any formation. It is also a team with reasonably professional players all over. A way to combine your ideas above with mine would be to start a new game with a International Reputation manager and take over Liverpool, load the tactic and set the ass.man to do everything for you. Holiday until, say, 1st of February then play the first match posting screenshots as seen above.

What do you think?

Hi BiggusD,

thanks for the a lot of ideas and advices,.. Based on your rules, It really need a lot of screens, i doubt those tactician will think twice to test that because of those restrictions,..

However I would love to pick some of them to present the tactic's result,..

[need] A screenshot of the tactic with squad selection for match (present the tactic)

just for the first time to present the overview of the tactic (just like other thread)

[need] A screenshot of tactic familiarity levels

before your first competitive match

[can be skipped] A screenshot of the team with ability star ratings and morale

can be skipped, if we test the tactic from the same database

[need] A screenshot of the league table

the test will be enough until you finish your game till end of January 2011

[can be skipped] A screenshot of regen players, if any (this will exclude savegames from 2016+ from sheer amount of work)

because, I only inted to compare those tactic in the first season and we test our tactic without transfer or like Florinho stated before that he'll edit the database to give a test in previous post

[can be skipped] A screenshot of the media predictions before the match (the idea is to present the opponent with enough information to let us compare - maybe try to choose a similar-strength opponent?)

[can be skipped] A screenshot of the pre-match team talk, state OI if any

[can be skipped] A screenshot of in-match morale ratings after 10 minutes

[can be skipped] A screenshot of half-time match stats

[can be skipped] A screenshot of half-time team talk

[can be skipped] A screenshot of in-match morale ratings after 55 minutes

[can be skipped] A screenshot of full-time match stats

those screenshots can be skipped, because I expect the test will be tested till at least January 2011, if we do these screenshots, it'll take too much time for that

and i think the test is good to be tested in the first season without transfer + edited database that had been suggested by florinho at the previous post. But make sure the tester must use the same save game (that already being edited to test).

@ Florinho, will you upload ur edited save game for me please? so I'll upload it in my OP.. Thanks a bunch..

Indeed a lot of work I also decided to even out the attributes for both teams to test with and get rid of PPMs in order to get as a playing field as level as possible so we can see the tactics effect better.

The idea is basically to take all those things concerning players out of the equation and only let the tactic and luck during games be the decisive factor which I think is the purest form you will be able to test a tactic.

Another thing I'm still not certain about is if it helps to have as many games in pre-season as possible in order to get your team accustomed to the tactic or to leave enough training time in between matches in order for your team to learn a tactic through training if someone on here knows what is more effective it would be nice to know it would save me a lot of testing. ^^

ah, suddently i got Idea regarding make you team preparation become fluid.. How if we use FMRTE? just for the first time/first day of the game you choose the tactic that you wanted to test, and make the match preparation for the tactic 100% (fluid)..

How bout these?

ah, suddently i got Idea regarding make you team preparation become fluid.. How if we use FMRTE? just for the first time/first day of the game you choose the tactic that you wanted to test, and make the match preparation for the tactic 100% (fluid)..

How bout these?

Wow I'm an idiot I didn't even know that was possible to do with FMRTE.

Well that solves the pre-season problem. ^^

Wow I'm an idiot I didn't even know that was possible to do with FMRTE.

Well that solves the pre-season problem. ^^

great! nyway, remember to test the tactic with the save game that I uploaded in previous page.. or if you have started, then u can upload ur initial save game in the thread, so i'll replace mine with yours..

After several hours of editing I'm finally (almost) done with creating the two save games that I wanted.

The game is Fulham vs. Chelsea at the start of the season.

What I did:

1. I edited the players to all have a CA of 155 and a PA of 160 on top of that I edited the stats of all players in both teams to be on the same level for every position (I used a stat range from 10 - 16).

2. The moral, fitness and jadedness levels of all players have been set to an optimal setting so the teams won't suffer from unfit or low moral players.

3. I edited the players position to have one clear main position and all secondary positions are set to 18, for example the stats of an AMR that has 20 in that position will also have his abilities edited to reflect the a winger.

This setup should provide two evenly strong teams with at least 3 players for every position on the field and let you see more clearly how good your tactic really works when as much as possible is set to an even level.

My main problem at the moment are player stats and what to make of them.

I used to have a look at all the roles for the different positions and took note of the important stats for that position, after that I edited the players according to those notes in order to have those players have some weighting that reflects their positions better.

BUT I'm starting to think that setting all stats for all players, on all positions to the same, let's say 15 across the board for all stats would be a fairer approach and offer more flexibility for more unusually formations that use let's say loads of defenders or strikers. This is a question that has to be resolved before I release the tactic and I'm inclined to do just that in order to get all players on the exact same level.

Well I hope to upload the save games within the hour and get my first series of testing done this evening to show how I would suggest to conduct a series of testing in order to get some comparison level.

A while ago i posted on the editing subforums a question on how to make a new league or modify an existing new league, preferably a league with under 14 teams, all teams have exactly the same players covering all positions all attributes[offcourse the players would have different names but basicly just name will differ], exactly the same staff and training conditions, and before every match fmrte should be used to clear any injuries or any moral problems, also make the team 100% familiar with the tactic. In this case only tactics would be different, also same manager attributes for the ai manager. All players would have consistency set to 20, injury proneness to 1 and ambition 20, stamina 20, natural fitness 20, and the rest of attributes, to make sure that players will play the whole at full potential with no injuries. No one gave an answer to that topic, sadly :(

A while ago i posted on the editing subforums a question on how to make a new league or modify an existing new league, preferably a league with under 14 teams, all teams have exactly the same players covering all positions all attributes[offcourse the players would have different names but basicly just name will differ], exactly the same staff and training conditions, and before every match fmrte should be used to clear any injuries or any moral problems, also make the team 100% familiar with the tactic. In this case only tactics would be different, also same manager attributes for the ai manager. All players would have consistency set to 20, injury proneness to 1 and ambition 20, stamina 20, natural fitness 20, and the rest of attributes, to make sure that players will play the whole at full potential with no injuries. No one gave an answer to that topic, sadly :(

Well I can't answer your question as well since I don't have much knowledge about creating leagues and stuff like this but you don't have to play a complete season and edit before every game with my save game, just play a game take a screen shot of the stats screen after the game and just reload.

If you want to test your tactic against different tactics just change the favorite tactic of the opposition manager and make it fluid again with fmrte, at least that I hope that will be doable but I don't know if the opposition manger will instantly change his tactics for the game on such short notice.

But good to mention the fact that there needs to be testing against different tactics I'll be looking into this.

I'm having success in making that database, i found my way in the editor after all, will post details here, i chose Burkina Faso made a new league there with 8 teams now making teams with exactly the same conditions in all the possibile areas.

What I did:

1. Edited all players with FMRTE to a value of 15 (world class -1) and edited them to cover a wide range of positions.

What you need to do:

1. Get FMRTE.

6. Go to the "Teams" screen and press "Heal Team" press save button and press "Inspire Team" on the right and the save button again.

7. Go to match preparation and set all values to 100 in order to get a fluid tactic do it for both teams.

Additional:

If you want to test your tactic against a certain formation* do the following: (*you should do this in the save game provided by me in order to change the tactic if they don't have at least 1 day to change the tactic you won't be able to set it to fluid again)

1. Load FMRTE.

2. Load the game.

3. Go to "Information" --> "Staff" of your oppositions team and select the manager.

5. Go to "Formations/Tendencies" and set all formations to the formation you want to play against and save.

This should do the trick but remember to set the oppositions tactic to fluid again.

Testing:

Play the game and take screen shots of all 4 stat screens, in order to get all the stats from your games.

After you have done this just reload the game you have saved and repeat the process with screen shot taking, I advice you to rename the files after you have taken them otherwise they will overwrite each other because it's the same game at the same date.

I name my screens something like this "TACTC NAME 001 - HOME/AWAY *opposition formation* - (Player Ratings/Match Stats/Home Stats/Away Stats)".

*Note for "Team Talks" I just use "faith in your ability"*

If you post results of your tactic you might also want to give a short introduction to it with a screen shot of your formation.

Downalod FMRTE

That being said I will start testing some tactics and post them here. Since I want to start with some popular tactics I will probably test Mr.Houghs 11.3 tactics in order to determine which of them brings the best results.

dont give up bro,.. I also dnt think that I have a good support from Flohrinho.. :) thanks FLohrinho.. nyway, Happy Testing all.. Hopefully the thread will really do it best to compare all tactics around the forum.. :)

What I did:

What you need to do:

1. Get FMRTE.

Additional:

1. Load FMRTE.

2. Load the game.

Testing:

I name my screens something like this "TACTC NAME - HOME/AWAY *opposition formation* - (Player Ratings/Match Stats/Home Stats/Away Stats) - 001".

Downalod FMRTE

Well done bro Flohrinho,.. I had updated my first post, and I wish to get started in the testing too.. :D

I made my costum database with a new league in BurkinaFaso but in the end i used kinda the same ideea as Flohrinho. All players on my team had 15 on all attributes except Consistency/Stamina/Natural Fitness/ and the positive personality attributes, these attributes i gave a value of 20 to maximize the players attributes so that they play at fullest, and the negative personality attributes, eccentricity, dirtiness, set to 1, to minimize to minimize negative impact, testing in ideal conditions, i got no injuries or cards.

I used Brobs17 Ultimate 11.3[.2] Final ('Sometimes') as a tactic, playing a friendly game away vs. Benfica, played 5 games, the results wore: 1 - 3 , 0 - 4 , 1 - 2 , 0 - 3 and 1 - 7 , all matches won by my team (the testing team).

The following averages wore obtained for the testing team: 3,8 goals scored per game , 0,6 goals conceaded per game, 17.5 shots , 8,4 shots on target, 5,2 CCC's , 52,9 possesion and an average team rating of 7.61.

Benfica played 4-4-2 narrow diamond at the start of the game and by the end of the game they used a wide diamond and it was a friendly game. I will use Flohrinho's method from now, good luck to all.

Also what are the most common tactics that the AI managers use?

LE: The testing conditions problem was cleared, but now someone should collect all the data, lets say a tactic must be tested at least 10 away and home against some common tactics, and someone should centralize all this data, and make some sort of ranking in the original post, or maybe a spreadsheet, to make a clear numerical comparison and with some comments.

LE: The testing conditions problem was cleared, but now someone should collect all the data, lets say a tactic must be tested at least 10 away and home against some common tactics, and someone should centralize all this data, and make some sort of ranking in the original post, or maybe a spreadsheet, to make a clear numerical comparison and with some comments.

Indeed that would be nice if EricTan could put an overview into his opening post so we can get the data all on the first page. I just started testing Mr. Houghs tactics while watching Liverpool against Newcastle.

A suggestion for the tactics we should test against: 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-3-3. The bold formations are those tactics I often see from the opposition so those will probably be the once I will test against for 5 games which would make a total of 15 games at home and 15 games away.

I made my costum database with a new league in BurkinaFaso but in the end i used kinda the same ideea as Flohrinho. All players on my team had 15 on all attributes except Consistency/Stamina/Natural Fitness/ and the positive personality attributes, these attributes i gave a value of 20 to maximize the players attributes so that they play at fullest, and the negative personality attributes, eccentricity, dirtiness, set to 1, to minimize to minimize negative impact, testing in ideal conditions, i got no injuries or cards.

I used Brobs17 Ultimate 11.3[.2] Final ('Sometimes') as a tactic, playing a friendly game away vs. Benfica, played 5 games, the results wore: 1 - 3 , 0 - 4 , 1 - 2 , 0 - 3 and 1 - 7 , all matches won by my team (the testing team).

The following averages wore obtained for the testing team: 3,8 goals scored per game , 0,6 goals conceaded per game, 17.5 shots , 8,4 shots on target, 5,2 CCC's , 52,9 possesion and an average team rating of 7.61.

Benfica played 4-4-2 narrow diamond at the start of the game and by the end of the game they used a wide diamond and it was a friendly game. I will use Flohrinho's method from now, good luck to all.

Also what are the most common tactics that the AI managers use?

Indeed that would be nice if EricTan could put an overview into his opening post so we can get the data all on the first page. I just started testing Mr. Houghs tactics while watching Liverpool against Newcastle.

A suggestion for the tactics we should test against: 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-4-1, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-3-3. The bold formations are those tactics I often see from the opposition so those will probably be the once I will test against for 5 games which would make a total of 15 games at home and 15 games away.

thanks for the advices, for sure i'll upload my OP with all of the collective data into the OP that will provide all statistics and links for screenshots on that..

First of all, I really would like us to set the rules and the tactic criteria,..

@Flohrinho, had you done your 1st test? So, I'll update my OP about our first test.. :D

Even though it took me a while (stupid RL keeps interrupting) I finished my first series of testing.

3 Pedigree's and a Tombstone Piledriver

Formation

3pedigresandatombstonep.png

Overall Statistics

Shots 15,07 - 13,13

On Target 7,47 - 5,0

Off Target 5,67 - 6,0

Blocked Shots 1,93 - 2,13

Woodwork 0,73 - 0,8

Clear Cut Chances 3,33 - 1,0

Long Shots 2,0 - 7,73

Possession 51,4 - 48,6

Corners 5,73 - 4,73

Free Kicks 9,87 - 12,73

Throw-Ins 12,33 - 15,6

Fouls 6,8 - 6,93

Ofssides 6,0 - 2,93

Passes Completed 79,13 - 77,0

Crosses Completed 15,93 - 11,73

Tackles Won 61,67 - 62,6

Headers Won 65,33 - 57,53

Yellow Cards 0,4 - 0,6

Red Cards 0 - 0,07

Kilometers Run 122,12 - 122,99

Average Rating 7,28 - 6,74

Goals 2,27 - 0,93

Game by Game

Against 4-4-2

442.png

3 - 3 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

5 - 0 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

1 - 1 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

Against 4-2-3-1

4231.png

1 - 3 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

5 - 1 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

Against 4-5-1

451w.png

4 - 1 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

3 - 1 Match Stats | Player Ratings | Home Stats | Away Stats

Wins: 10 Draws: 2 Losses: 3

One thing though, I will probably only upload the Match stats in the future since it's too bothersome to make all the screenshots, upload them and put the links up here, this way the testing process might also be less time consuming.

Edit: after having some thoughts about this tactic testing I want to mention a few more things.

One of the main problems for me with testing was the fact that I couldn't tell if the match prep for the other team really had changed after I changed their tactics via FMRTE since FMRTE instantly showed me their tactic to be at 100% in every area.

There could be two reasons for that either FMRTE was still showing the old tactics match preparation since the new manager wouldn't change his tactic until the game or the opposition team has 100% fluidity with all tactics if they reached it with one tactic in the game in order to make manager changes have less of an impact.

My personal opinion is the new formation doesn't get applied in match prep by the AI manager when a game is only a few days away but will still use the new formation during the match, this way it's impossible to set the AIs match prep fluidity to 100% before a game.

One of the main reasons why I think this is the one sidedness of the results the occurred after I first changed the AI managers favorite tactic while most of the games with the first tactic where very balanced my team hardly looked like losing with the new AI tactic in place so short before the game.

So we might have to consider to manage both teams, change the tactic (I would suggest using standard tactics from the presets) for the opposition team, set it up in the match prep and use FMRTE to make it fluid again.

This way we could also make a game without any substitutions and the AI managers tactic changes would be out of the game as well.

Some more thoughts about the stats.

I will greatly reduce the stats posting in future since most of the stats are to little interest for the majority of players and since this is a thread directed towards plug-and-play tactics I will concentrate more on the stats relevant for people who like to play these tactics.

What I mean by that I will show this evening when I hopefully post my new series of tests.

One thing though, I will probably only upload the Match stats in the future since it's too bothersome to make all the screenshots, upload them and put the links up here, this way the testing process might also be less time consuming.

Edit: after having some thoughts about this tactic testing I want to mention a few more things.

One of the main problems for me with testing was the fact that I couldn't tell if the match prep for the other team really had changed after I changed their tactics via FMRTE since FMRTE instantly showed me their tactic to be at 100% in every area.

There could be two reasons for that either FMRTE was still showing the old tactics match preparation since the new manager wouldn't change his tactic until the game or the opposition team has 100% fluidity with all tactics if they reached it with one tactic in the game in order to make manager changes have less of an impact.

My personal opinion is the new formation doesn't get applied in match prep by the AI manager when a game is only a few days away but will still use the new formation during the match, this way it's impossible to set the AIs match prep fluidity to 100% before a game.

One of the main reasons why I think this is the one sidedness of the results the occurred after I first changed the AI managers favorite tactic while most of the games with the first tactic where very balanced my team hardly looked like losing with the new AI tactic in place so short before the game.

So we might have to consider to manage both teams, change the tactic (I would suggest using standard tactics from the presets) for the opposition team, set it up in the match prep and use FMRTE to make it fluid again.

This way we could also make a game without any substitutions and the AI managers tactic changes would be out of the game as well.

Some more thoughts about the stats.

I will greatly reduce the stats posting in future since most of the stats are to little interest for the majority of players and since this is a thread directed towards plug-and-play tactics I will concentrate more on the stats relevant for people who like to play these tactics.

What I mean by that I will show this evening when I hopefully post my new series of tests.

Hi Flohrinho, you have a great test.. yes I do admit that there are too much screen shot and too much time consuming, for me, 1 screenshot for the match statistic be okay already. or how if we do 2 screenshot for every match testing which are:

- Match statistic (which is a must)

- Split Screen (our tactic and our team rating) --> this show our player positional and how they perform (like example we can see STR is scoring more goals from 5 testing) something like that.

what do you think? and the way you present your testing is excellent.. but if it consumes a lot of time, then we can minimize it..

and regarding on the opposition tactic, I dont know how the AI's work.. but if we set to manage 2 teams with one of them with the preset tactic, will it be too easy? as we know preset tactic's is not very good?

Hi Flohrinho, you have a great test.. yes I do admit that there are too much screen shot and too much time consuming, for me, 1 screenshot for the match statistic be okay already. or how if we do 2 screenshot for every match testing which are:

- Match statistic (which is a must)

- Split Screen (our tactic and our team rating) --> this show our player positional and how they perform (like example we can see STR is scoring more goals from 5 testing) something like that.

what do you think? and the way you present your testing is excellent.. but if it consumes a lot of time, then we can minimize it..

and regarding on the opposition tactic, I dont know how the AI's work.. but if we set to manage 2 teams with one of them with the preset tactic, will it be too easy? as we know preset tactic's is not very good?

Yes sounds good and is basically what I thought would be a good idea because a lot of people are interested who actually scores the goals, so they know where to invest first in a winger, striker or something else.

We should also take notes how many goals come from corners since I know some people misslike it if their main goal scorer is actually a CB.

Yes sounds good and is basically what I thought would be a good idea because a lot of people are interested who actually scores the goals, so they know where to invest first in a winger, striker or something else.

We should also take notes how many goals come from corners since I know some people misslike it if their main goal scorer is actually a CB.

yup, i do agree, now i'm updating my OP with your first test.. argh.. I should do a testing soon.. sorry, recent Real Life is quite busy..

Hey Eric I have made a new save game where you control both teams, it's imo the only way to make sure that both tactics are really fluid.

It also allows you to play without any substitutions as long as there are no injuries which also speeds up the testing process.

I just started upload the save game I guess it will be up in 10 minutes or so.

I also toned down the amount of statistics I will take notes of to represent the tactic so it's more concentrated on the important statistics.

Tactic Test All

I also only use "for the fans" at the beginning of the match and don't do any half time team talks.

Another thing I just tested 15 games for HOME and 15 games AWAY so a total of 30 games which is to be honest completely insane so for future testing I consider 10 games in all the maximum I will test everything else will kill my nerves and is waay to time intensive.

So from now on the test will consist of 5 home games with 5 different tactics and 5 away games with the same tactics.

The tactics that I will use are 4-4-2, 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1 wide formation and two narrow formations which will be a 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-3-3 as you will find them in the preset tactics.

Hey Eric I have made a new save game where you control both teams, it's imo the only way to make sure that both tactics are really fluid.

It also allows you to play without any substitutions as long as there are no injuries which also speeds up the testing process.

I just started upload the save game I guess it will be up in 10 minutes or so.

I also toned down the amount of statistics I will take notes of to represent the tactic so it's more concentrated on the important statistics.

Tactic Test All

I also only use "for the fans" at the beginning of the match and don't do any half time team talks.

Another thing I just tested 15 games for HOME and 15 games AWAY so a total of 30 games which is to be honest completely insane so for future testing I consider 10 games in all the maximum I will test everything else will kill my nerves and is waay to time intensive.

So from now on the test will consist of 5 home games with 5 different tactics and 5 away games with the same tactics.

The tactics that I will use are 4-4-2, 4-5-1 and 4-2-3-1 wide formation and two narrow formations which will be a 4-1-2-1-2 and 4-3-3 as you will find them in the preset tactics.

thanks for everything Flohrinho, regarding we control 2 teams, I dont have any problem for it. but Do the opposition team that we managed via preset tactic good to represent the AI?

thanks for everything Flohrinho, regarding we control 2 teams, I dont have any problem for it. but Do the opposition team that we managed via preset tactic good to represent the AI?

Probably not but actually non of what we test here factors in the AI we would have to test against at least a dozen different AI manager to accomplish that.

This test also isn't a reflection of conditions you will find during a game of FM but it's the only way to have even conditions for all tactics and offer a real possibility of comparison between tactics.

In the end having the best tactic won't help if you can't "man manage" your players and don't know how to form a good team.

Tactics at the end of the day are just ~15%-25% of the factors which decide if you win a game or not.

So all we can do here is provide a good overview if a tactic manages to constantly win those evened out situations and can therefor be the deceive factor in a game if you did all the other things right or if it constantly fails to deliver results and maybe a real weak spot in your setup.

It is commendable that you try to do this, but in the end, you need 50-100 players to do the same in the same way in order to get a real comparison of tactics - that is how immense this endevour is. Of course, what you have done alone so far isn't useless since it provides information about the success of a tactic in given circumstances.

I think a poll with not only selected tactics and a choice of whether or not you think that is the best tactic, but also options to show which tactics you have actually tried, would be useful in addition to this testing since in the end it is up to personal opinion and experiene which tactic is best.

It is commendable that you try to do this, but in the end, you need 50-100 players to do the same in the same way in order to get a real comparison of tactics - that is how immense this endevour is. Of course, what you have done alone so far isn't useless since it provides information about the success of a tactic in given circumstances.

I think a poll with not only selected tactics and a choice of whether or not you think that is the best tactic, but also options to show which tactics you have actually tried, would be useful in addition to this testing since in the end it is up to personal opinion and experiene which tactic is best.

Indeed a tactic always has to fit your managing style and there are tactics that will do great for weak teams and not so great for good teams and the other way around.

With a test like this we can only determine which tactic will get the best results out of 10 games on a very even testing setup.

We are also still in the process of evaluating how to best test a tactic without it being a full time job but still delivering some useful information that allows a comparison between games.

And as much as I would "love" to test each game for 100 home and 100 away games against every possible formation and take note of all the statistics of every single player in every position, I just can't do it since such tests would consume way to much time.

I'm working on a comparsion between the 3 Mr. Hough 11.3 tactics currently available 3 Pedigres, Cena and Viper so I can finally have some comparison.

That being said I'm still finding my way to the best testing work flow that won't be to tiresome and still offer enough information to be useful.

This is an interesting work

My latest version is:

Fairyland V3

Please use V3! Thanks.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=3946

It's a pleasure to try your tactic Zero Sea..

Indeed a tactic always has to fit your managing style and there are tactics that will do great for weak teams and not so great for good teams and the other way around.

With a test like this we can only determine which tactic will get the best results out of 10 games on a very even testing setup.

We are also still in the process of evaluating how to best test a tactic without it being a full time job but still delivering some useful information that allows a comparison between games.

And as much as I would "love" to test each game for 100 home and 100 away games against every possible formation and take note of all the statistics of every single player in every position, I just can't do it since such tests would consume way to much time.

I'm working on a comparsion between the 3 Mr. Hough 11.3 tactics currently available 3 Pedigres, Cena and Viper so I can finally have some comparison.

That being said I'm still finding my way to the best testing work flow that won't be to tiresome and still offer enough information to be useful.

Yes, doing testing consumes much time as we though.. But hopefully it worth for us to do so and I'm waiting for the sample that how you're going to present them.. CHeers Flohrinho, nyway, currently I'm trying Zero Sea V3..

hi guys,

First of all, I would like to say that I had tried several tactics and hardly to impress.. And I found that:

- because both teams are really even with all stats set to 15 and superb morale

- I found that most of the tacticians kill those opponents with pacey striker to overcome most of the defender which are slow.

- in these testing, strikers are average speed which is 15 and same attribute with those defenders

- so most of those tactic wont do wonder as we expected.

what do you think Flohrinho?

hi guys,

First of all, I would like to say that I had tried several tactics and hardly to impress.. And I found that:

- because both teams are really even with all stats set to 15 and superb morale

- I found that most of the tacticians kill those opponents with pacey striker to overcome most of the defender which are slow.

- in these testing, strikers are average speed which is 15 and same attribute with those defenders

- so most of those tactic wont do wonder as we expected.

what do you think Flohrinho?

Hey Eric couldn't do much testing during the last two days but yes I can confirm your observations there is hardly any difference between the tactics in this testing environment.

Which actually confirms a feeling that I had since some time the influence of tactics on the game isn't as big as I first thought I always guessed they would be at around 25% of what decided if you win a game or not now I have more of a feeling it's somewhere around 10% maximum.

I mean even the standard tactics from the presets result in almost the same stats as the tactics made by Mr.Hough the only significant difference is that the presets usually have a lot more long range shots but apart from that the difference isn't all that significant.

None the less I will finish testing the three MR.Hough tactics hopefully today and post what I've got.

After that I will test two more tactics that I use for my main save games so I'll get some different formations to test after all off the tested tactics right now are 4-1-2-3 formations.

Mr. Hough 11.3 tactics comparison.

3 Pedigrees and a Tombstone Piledriver

Games:

Overall: W: 6 D: 2 L: 2 For: 18 Ag: 16

Home: 4-4-2: 2-1 4-2-3-1: 4-3 4-5-1: 3-1 4-1-2-1-2: 2-1 4-3-3: 2-1 W: 5 D: 0 L: 0 For: 13 Ag: 7

Away: 4-4-2: 1-1 4-2-3-1: 1-1 4-5-1: 0-4 4-1-2-1-2: 0-2 4-3-3: 3-1 W: 1 D: 2 L: 2 For: 5 Ag: 9

Statistics:

Overall: Shots: 12,1 On Target: 7,2 CCCs: 2,5 Long Shots: 2,3 Possession: 51,5% Average Rating: 7,1 Goals: 1,8 Shots on Target%: 59,5% Shots to goal%: 14,9%

Home: Shots: 15,2 On Target: 9,6 CCCs: 2,8 Long Shots: 3,4 Possession: 53,0% Average Rating: 7,3 Goals: 2,6 Shots on Target%: 63,2% Shots to goal%: 17,1%

Away: Shots: 9,0 On Target: 4,8 CCCs: 2,2 Long Shots: 1,2 Possession: 50,0% Average Rating: 6,9 Goals: 1,0 Shots on Target%: 53,3% Shots to goal%: 11,1%

Goalscorers:

STCr: 7

STC: 4

STCl: 3

DCl: 2

MCr: 1

MCl: 1

Cena Vs. The Rock

Games:

Overall: W: 7 D: 0 L: 3 For: 20 Ag: 13

Home: 4-4-2: 3-1 4-2-3-1: 3-1 4-5-1: 2-1 4-1-2-1-2: 2-1 4-3-3: 2-0 W: 5 D: 0 L: 0 For: 12 Ag: 3

Away: 4-4-2: 0-1 4-2-3-1: 3-1 4-5-1: 3-6 4-1-2-1-2: 1-2 4-3-3: 1-0 W:2 D: 0 L: 3 For: 8 Ag: 10

Statistics:

Overall: Shots: 13,3 On Target: 6,2 CCCs: 1,7 Long Shots: 2,9 Possession: 52,1% Average Rating: 7,1 Goals: 2,0 Shots on Target%: 46,6% Shots to goal%: 15,0%

Home: Shots: 18,2 On Target: 8,8 CCCs: 2,4 Long Shots: 4,4 Possession: 54,0% Average Rating: 7,3 Goals: 2,4 Shots on Target%: 48,4% Shots to goal%: 13,2%

Away: Shots: 8,4 On Target: 3,6 CCCs: 1,0 Long Shots: 1,4 Possession: 50,2% Average Rating: 6,9 Goals: 1,6 Shots on Target%: 42,9% Shots to goal%: 19,0%

Goalscorers:

STC: 9

STCr: 2

DCr: 2

DCl: 1

MCr: 1

OG: 1

The Viper

Games:

Overall: W: 5 D: 2 L: 3 For: 17 Ag: 16

Home: 4-4-2: 3-1 4-2-3-1: 3-1 4-5-1: 2-3 4-1-2-1-2: 2-0 4-3-3: 2-1 W: 4 D: 0 L: 1 For: 12 Ag: 6

Away: 4-4-2: 1-1 4-2-3-1: 1-1 4-5-1: 0-4 4-1-2-1-2: 0-2 4-3-3: 3-1 W: 1 D: 2 L: 2 For: 5 Ag: 9

Statistics:

Overall: Shots: 14,1 On Target: 7,2 CCCs: 2,8 Long Shots: 2,5 Possession: 44,1% Average Rating: 7,2 Goals: 2,1 Shots on Target%: 53,2% Shots to goal%: 14,9%

Home: Shots: 16,8 On Target: 9,4 CCCs: 3,2 Long Shots: 3,4 Possession: 44,6% Average Rating: 7,3 Goals: 2,4 Shots on Target%: 56,0% Shots to goal%: 14,3%

Away: Shots: 11,4 On Target: 5,6 CCCs: 2,4 Long Shots: 1,6 Possession: 43,6% Average Rating: 7,1 Goals: 1,8 Shots on Target%: 49,1% Shots to goal%: 15,8%

Goalscorers:

STC: 11

STCr: 5

DCr: 1

Rankings:

Shots:

1. Viper - 14,1

2. Cena - 13,3

3. 3P - 12,1

On Target:

1. Viper - 7,5

2. 3P - 7,2

3. Cena - 6,2

CCCs:

1. Viper - 2,8

2. 3P - 2,5

3. Cena - 1,7

Long Shots:

1. Cena - 2,9

2. Viper - 2,5

3. 3P - 2,3

Possession:

1. Cena - 52,1

2. 3P - 51,5

3. Viper - 44,1

Average Rating:

1. Viper - 7,2

2. 3P - 7,1

2. Cena - 7,1

Goals:

1. Viper - 2,1

2. Cena - 2,0

3. 3P - 1,8

Goals Against:

1. Cena - 1,4

2. 3P - 1,6

2. Viper - 1,6

Shots on Target%:

1. 3P - 59,5%

2. Viper - 53,2%

3. Cena - 46,6%

Shots to goal%:

1. Cena - 15,0%

2. 3P - 14,9%

2. Viper - 14,9%

I appreciate that you guys take the time to test out tactics, but I would like to point out that it might take longer than 10 games just to get familiar with the tactic. I am pretty sure that it is almost impossible to play with only one tactic and not change anything during a season to have 100% success.

Here is a game that I played over the weekend (I holidayed a season and then took up one of the newly Promoted teams in the Spanish 3rd tier):

Final League Table: http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/9865/spanishseconddivisionb4.png

Fixture part 1: http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/3617/udmarbellamarbellafixtu.png

Fixture part 2: http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/3617/udmarbellamarbellafixtu.png

Form: http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/9865/spanishseconddivisionb4.png (the last 4 results not included in stats)

Corners: http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/9865/spanishseconddivisionb4.png (to show I was not using any exploit)

Number of Game Saves: http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/941/gamemarbellastatus.png (to show I am not reloading)

I, of course, used the tactics in my thread. In this case I was using mainly the 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 tactics, but did use 4-1-4-1/4-1-2-2-1 and 4-4-2 a few times here and there. I look out for opposition formation positions and what type of formations the opposition struggles with (only at times) to make a more or less correct tactical assumption. It is not always about what formation you chose - but more importantly to know what type of Strategy (Mentality) is best suited for your next match. I will be posting more screen shots in my thread later tonight, if anyone has any questions or anything please feel free to do so... :thup:

Archived