How do I stop a player's determination dropping so quickly?!

Hey guys!

I signed this player at the start of the season after getting promoted to the premier league. My main goalie is the romanian number one and I have him currently tutoring him (figured it'd help since he knows the language and stuff).

Anyways, to my point. Since the start of the season his determination has gone down from 17 to 20!!! How do I get it back up?!

http://i.imgur.com/pqzW5.png

Hey guys!

I signed this player at the start of the season after getting promoted to the premier league. My main goalie is the romanian number one and I have him currently tutoring him (figured it'd help since he knows the language and stuff).

Anyways, to my point. Since the start of the season his determination has gone down from 17 to 20!!! How do I get it back up?!

http://i.imgur.com/pqzW5.png

If the guy you have him tutored with has determination 17 or lower then it will go down to his, I hope it's 17 and not lower or it will probably go down even further.

I would recommend cancelling the tutoring and off the top of my head sign Frank Rost, he is an old goalkeeper who is a good tutor and has 20 determination.

If the guy you have him tutored with has determination 17 or lower then it will go down to his, I hope it's 17 and not lower or it will probably go down even further.

I would recommend cancelling the tutoring and off the top of my head sign Frank Rost, he is an old goalkeeper who is a good tutor and has 20 determination.

Oh jesus christ I didn't know that... thanks so much!

I feel like such an idiot now :(

Unfortunately frank rost isn't interested in my club, can you think of anyone else?

I didn't know. Bugger.

Which attributes are these exactly?

Well aside from the Determination they are all hidden attributes I believe... like consistency, big match performance, maybe pressure, etc.

So unless you use editors to look at hidden stats make sure you tutor with players you feel a reliable. I wouldn't worry about 17 determination though, that's still pretty good considering playing in Germany with guys that I'm lucky if they have a 12 determination lol (and that's in the first division).

Well aside from the Determination they are all hidden attributes I believe... like consistency, big match performance, maybe pressure, etc.

So unless you use editors to look at hidden stats make sure you tutor with players you feel a reliable. I wouldn't worry about 17 determination though, that's still pretty good considering playing in Germany with guys that I'm lucky if they have a 12 determination lol (and that's in the first division).

I get the feeling the guys doing the FM database in Germany are too focused on strengths and weaknesses. Way too many weird mental attributes in German players compared to others. If they knew the function of Determination, they wouldn't have set it so low for some of Europe's best players.

• 1 month later...

I thought the idea of tutoring was to improve the youth player mental attributes, not decreasing, ok, if you put a player with 1 of determination tutoring a player with already 20 of determination it would be a bad influence for him, but, when you have players with 17 tutoring a player with 20, it is ridiculous the youth player lose their attribute so drastically...

I thought the idea of tutoring was to improve the youth player mental attributes, not decreasing, ok, if you put a player with 1 of determination tutoring a player with already 20 of determination it would be a bad influence for him, but, when you have players with 17 tutoring a player with 20, it is ridiculous the youth player lose their attribute so drastically...

No, the idea is to get the youngster to adjust his personality to be more in line with the tutor's. Tutoring just moves the youngster's attributes to be closer to the tutor's. So if the youngster has 8 and the tutor 12, the youngester might go to 10. If the youngster has 14 and the tutor has 8, the youngester might end up with 11 or 12.

It really wouldn't make sense to have attributes go up if the tutor has lower attributes than the youngester. It's simply the trade-off involved in tutoring.

Archived