Should I go back to a match where I got battered? cheating or not?

Basically, when I lose I will never go back and start a match, however on this occasion i got trounced by Barca 5-0 in the game and after the match I had a crash dump. I still got the save but because of the crash dump it goes to my last save which was on the preparation game for Barca but because I have got so far I feel it wil be stupid to delete the save and start with a new team. Should I go back to to where it was last saved, (meaning the result will probably change) or start a new save and delete my current 1?

Please give advice

I was enjoying it a lot, i was looking forward to rebuilding at the end of the season. So annyoing do, I hope it doesnt happen again in my save but even thoguh other results in the league will change due to my match being on the sunday and games were played on the saturday, no one regards this as cheating. For eg I don't want to beat Barca then think I cheateed becauase I lost 5-0 at home against them, which I doubt will happen again

I am with you to, when I lost i take it and continue, but this was not my fault at all. What would you do if you were in a situation like this but a random crash dump meant ur game crashed and it means you got to go back to your previous game?

Please can I have advice, open and reply people :) in a real dilemma

I'm currently playing my original 11.1.1 save which had crash-dumped on me shortly before 11.2 was released. I was gutted that I'd lost 6 or 7 matches and wasn't going to play it but for some reason I thought I'd give it a bash while waiting for 11.3 and still playing it, and thoroughly enjoying it...

it's not your fault... just be thankful that you only lost one result and not half a dozen... that really hurts :(

On the rare occasions it happens to me I try to select the same team/orders (If I can remember) and gain the same result from the replayed match, be it win, lose or draw.

As you lost 5-0 first time round you'll probably find it fairly easy to lose again.

I hate it when this happens, I find it a lot easier if I have to re-load to do it to a game when I've won, doing it when I've lost always feels like cheating even though there's nothing you can do about it. Don't worry about it mate, it's not your fault.

I still got the save but because of the crash dump it goes to my last save which was on the preparation game for Barca but because I have got so far I feel it wil be stupid to delete the save and start with a new team. Should I go back to to where it was last saved, (meaning the result will probably change) or start a new save and delete my current 1?

Please give advice

This really is a no brainer. You crashed. It wasn't your fault. Therefore, as far as you are concerned, the 0-5 game with Barca never happened. Go back to your previous save, take the new result with the Barca game as it comes, and go from there.

No biggie really...

The game crashed, it's not your fault...

And even if it there wasn't a crash involved, who cares if you reload after a heavy loss... It's a GAME, it's not as if you're cheating on your fiancée or anything...

I think some here take FM way too seriously, with the Cheating Police and the moral dilemmas.

It's not a competition, it's not a matter of life and death, there's no money involved (besides the 30 quids YOU spent on the game), so it's just a matter of common sense... Reloading a game 20 times to get the desired result is a bit silly and in the long run will destroy the fun, but if it's a once-a-season deal when things get REALLY REALLY REALLY stupid it can be forgiven.

P.S. and there's always the "don't brag about winning the FA Cup with FC Crapton if it took you 26 matches to get there" rule of thumb ;)

And even if it there wasn't a crash involved, who cares if you reload after a heavy loss... It's a GAME, it's not as if you're cheating on your fiancée or anything...

I'd only disagree with that in the sense that if I quit after a loss and reloaded to avoid it, I'd feel that I wasn't playing the game according to the rules.

And sure other people can do it, but if they then post to either brag about their exploits - or claim that the game is too easy - having used that tactic and not admitted it, they're pretty honourless IMHO.

If it's something that happens as a genuine accident, such as a game crash, then you are fully entitled to write it off, because you would naturally do the same if you had a lucky win and then crashed as well. It's beyond your control so you write it off.

Reloading is always cheating, unless you have not been in control of the match due to a bug or a crash (happens at times in network games).

Big no-no :thdn:

on a side note. I don't care if someone cheats as long as it's not my mates in my network game. Feel free to play the game in the way you have the most fun with :)

But reloading after a loss, thumbs down to that:thdn: it is much more enjoyabel when you treat it more like real life, but in this rematch I lost 3-1 so that is more justified. For people who are reloading their save sif they lost where is the fun in that?

Basically, when I lose I will never go back and start a match, however on this occasion i got trounced by Barca 5-0 in the game and after the match I had a crash dump. I still got the save but because of the crash dump it goes to my last save which was on the preparation game for Barca but because I have got so far I feel it wil be stupid to delete the save and start with a new team. Should I go back to to where it was last saved, (meaning the result will probably change) or start a new save and delete my current 1?

Please give advice

You will get thrashed again, the game is that predictable. You'll prolly hit back and say you didn't get thrashed this time though :)

I guess you could accept the defeat and save the game.

Then make a new save and use the second save to try different tactics if you want to learn about the game.

Then go back to the original save a wiser manager without cheating.

I get crash dumps quite a lot because my laptop overheats. Most often I lose a game I won, sometimes its a game I lost. I just take the rough with the smooth.

If its a one-off for you and you feel really bad about it, you could always replay the game by sending out your reserves/youth to get battered by Barce. But its up to you; no need to feel bad either way.

I get crash dumps quite a lot because my laptop overheats. Most often I lose a game I won, sometimes its a game I lost. I just take the rough with the smooth.

If its a one-off for you and you feel really bad about it, you could always replay the game by sending out your reserves/youth to get battered by Barce. But its up to you; no need to feel bad either way.

Thanks for that, I eplayed the match and lost 3-1 so that is a bit fair. BTW, do you know what the reasons are for the crash dumps, you mentioned the overheating but what is this due to?

Thanks for that, I eplayed the match and lost 3-1 so that is a bit fair. BTW, do you know what the reasons are for the crash dumps, you mentioned the overheating but what is this due to?

My laptop is playing up and closes down quite often when I'm not playing FM also. Between FM matches I try to remember to save every game day.

however, more relevantly to you, crash dumps tend to occur when you've added a slightly dodgy database or graphics file, I believe.

My laptop is playing up and closes down quite often when I'm not playing FM also. Between FM matches I try to remember to save every game day.

however, more relevantly to you, crash dumps tend to occur when you've added a slightly dodgy database or graphics file, I believe.

I am playing witht he steam database 11.3 and as to graphics, the only thing I have added is a skin, nothing mroe than that. So i am unsure about these crash dumps, could it be due to anything else such as having many applications running?

Archived