Board Request - New Stadium

I'm Barca in 2022, and I've been after a new stadium as we're in a great financial situation(not my doing, I joined a couple of years ago, but they had loads of money when I joined), and even though it got expanded at the start of the season to 104,000 seats, I want a massively massively massive stadium just because I can. Call me greedy, I don't care. :D

However, the option has been greyed out ever since the place was expanded to ask for a new stadium, but then I realised if you hovered the mouse over a greyed out option, then it tells you why it's greyed out. Hovered it over the Build New Stadium one, and it says 'Board request is currently being actioned'. Now, when I was last able to ask, they said no. So I'm wondering if it means that the board are actually going to do something about it soon, and just haven't told me yet? As there's no active board requests that I can see.

Edit:

Just hovered over 'Expand Stadium', and it says 'Planning to build new Stadium'.....I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I'm hoping this means I'm gonna get one and am just waiting for the Announcement.

i had the same thing with my Chelsea save and at the end of the season they annouced they would be building a new ground so prehaps best just to wait.

ive read on here before that if you do well for the club or have been there a long time when they annouce the new ground it can be named after yourself or a legend

i had the same thing with my Chelsea save and at the end of the season they annouced they would be building a new ground so prehaps best just to wait.

ive read on here before that if you do well for the club or have been there a long time when they annouce the new ground it can be named after yourself or a legend

Yeah, I know about them naming stadiums after legends. I think on these forums, Dafuge has had 3 named after him. I should have had one named after me on FM2010. Won the league 8 season in a row, CL, FA, LC and CWC most of those 8 seasons, was the greatest manager in the history of Liverpool, and left when my contract expired(was still a legend of the club, I checked.) Asked for a new stadium(still at Anfield) ever year, had a massive balance, but they said no. A new guy took over and using pretty much just my team, won the next two seasons. They then built him a new stadium and named it after their 'greatest ever manager'.....the regen manager who had won less than a third of what I'd done. I WAS NOT HAPPY.

I've found if your initial request is declined, and circumstances change in that season to make it feasible/desirable from the board then you can't/don't need to ask again. It's like your request is on file, noted and it happens.

So am thinking you will get your wish if the money is there come the end of season.

Yeah, I know about them naming stadiums after legends. I think on these forums, Dafuge has had 3 named after him. I should have had one named after me on FM2010. Won the league 8 season in a row, CL, FA, LC and CWC most of those 8 seasons, was the greatest manager in the history of Liverpool, and left when my contract expired(was still a legend of the club, I checked.) Asked for a new stadium(still at Anfield) ever year, had a massive balance, but they said no. A new guy took over and using pretty much just my team, won the next two seasons. They then built him a new stadium and named it after their 'greatest ever manager'.....the regen manager who had won less than a third of what I'd done. I WAS NOT HAPPY.

FM does reflect real life, ala Rafa winning in 2005 with Gerard Houliers side :D

YNWA :)

Hey Chalky, could you tell me how much time it took for it to say "Planning to build new stadium"? I had the first message ("the board request is being actioned" one) appear midway through last season, and I was hoping for an announcement at the end of the season, but I got nothing, it's still being actionedm whatever that means. How much did you have to wait?

Hey Chalky, could you tell me how much time it took for it to say "Planning to build new stadium"? I had the first message ("the board request is being actioned" one) appear midway through last season, and I was hoping for an announcement at the end of the season, but I got nothing, it's still being actionedm whatever that means. How much did you have to wait?

Didn't happen. I'm nearly at the end of the following season, have left Barcelona already, and there's no stadium being planned.

• 2 months later...

get a load of Vera above...haha

I won everything wit Aston Villa for about 15 seasons and every year id ask for a new stadium and got told no so I had to leave, I was like yourself wanted them to be a much bigger club but the board wouldnt listen.

In last years version I got a new stadium, and think it only took a season to sort out, in this version I have increased Carrow Rd to 30,000 but despite now being one of the worlds top sides it cannot increase anymore (itself silly as plans are already afoot to make CR 35000). Anyway in 2018 I persuade the board to build me a new stadium, however on the board screen it simply said "in planning" completion date May 2022, so 4 years just for the planning. I am now in 2020 and can't wait for this new ground, just gutted it is taking so long.

Just wondered if anyone else's new ground had taken so long? Am worried that if the planning is 4 years, how ever long will it take to build the thing??

I am in 2026 at the moment with Salford City from Evo Stick Division One, I am currently in the Barclays Premier League and finished 4th in my last season. However startin with a 3,000 stadium at the beginning, my board built a 13,000 seater stadium when i was in league one, now it has a capacity of 17,000 which in the premier league is not enough. It has been around 5 years since its been expanded but its at the highest capacity it can be accoring to hoverin over the greyed out board request icon. My average attendance is around the 17,000 and has been for the last 5 years! This is my first season in the CL so im hopin they are gonna bulid a new one soon. But will they? I never have more than 20mil because i can get enough money in gate receipts and my wages take what ever i do make. Whats gonna happen does anyone know?

Archived