have you ever been untouchable?

i am now talking about how the board perceive you and job status.

I ask because i have now been in charge of ac milan for 6 months and they are saying i am untouchable in terms of job security.

we are top of serie a in my first full season 5 points clear at the top currently in november. the reason i think this has happened so soon however is th fact that when i took over the club 6 months ago we where 50 million pounds in the red and losing money constantly. after 6 months i have turned it around and we ar now only 5.5 million in the red and actually making some profit every month.

anyone else been seen as untouchable by the board on financial control alone? and after how long and how much debt?

im glad that fm takes this into account and that its not just what you do on the field that counts.

How did you recoup £45m in six months!? Thats awesome especially being top of the league.

I had untouchable when I promoted Sheffield Wednesday to the Premiership and they went about £40m in the black. But I guess that was more for the promotion ;)

i had to make some tough decisions in the best imterest of the team. this meant having to get rid of pirlo, gattuso, ibrahimovic, ambrosini to name a few.

its not too difficult to turn a debt around at a big club, its when the debt is at a smaller club that it becomes a much more difficult task.

i am pleased that we are top of the league and doing very well considering im using what i have left available, which is still a strong core set of players, with only one signing.

i had to make some tough decisions in the best imterest of the team. this meant having to get rid of pirlo, gattuso, ibrahimovic, ambrosini to name a few.

EDIT the wage total when i took contol was a hefty 1.7 million pound week, now its down to under 950k a week due to my cost cutting overhall.

its not too difficult to turn a debt around at a big club, its when the debt is at a smaller club that it becomes a much more difficult task.

i am pleased that we are top of the league and doing very well considering im using what i have left available, which is still a strong core set of players, with only one signing.

I am untouchable in both games I play.

It certainly isn't just based on your financial control, but a combination of all your confidence bars. Club stature, competitions, squad harmony, etc. Financial control on it's own is pretty useless if you are bottom of the league.

If you accomplished boards request at the end of the season regarding competitions or done even better then they expected you will have Untouchable status, then asa soon as new season begin it will drop to Secure.

I got Forest Green to L1 with consecutive promotions, and was added to the club's favoured personnel and listed as 'untouchable'.

Fast forward a few months, I'm in the playoff spots after 10 games, but have been removed from the favoured personnel and my status is now 'secure'. Go figure.

EDIT - Just saw Fabio's post, which explains it.

I am untouchable in both games I play.

It certainly isn't just based on your financial control, but a combination of all your confidence bars. Club stature, competitions, squad harmony, etc. Financial control on it's own is pretty useless if you are bottom of the league.

Not neccessarily tbh. a club that is expected to fight bravely against relegation and is bottom of the league would not see the board getting unhappy with the manager. financial control in this situation becomes even more important to the club for its long term survival.

you could say its a big issue for big clubs to some extent, we have all seen top league clubs go bankrupt and nose dive through divisions over the years.

I'm always changing between 69% (very secure) and 70% (untouchable) which is annoying as I'm the most successful manager in the history of the game - getting at least 4 trophies a season for the last 20 seasons.

Newcastle chairman is a right bastard. Or the confidence is broken.

Might be because I keep selling club legends, but its always to bring through youth while netting £20-40m for each legend I sell.

So did you use the editor, to either boost your bank balance or to be able to sell players on?

You can't get rid of Ibrahimovic in the first season, as he is only on loan from Barca, and you have no option to terminate the loan early.

If you accomplished boards request at the end of the season regarding competitions or done even better then they expected you will have Untouchable status, then asa soon as new season begin it will drop to Secure.

I didnt know this but it proves to me that my financial control has played a big part, we are only 9/10 games into the season and im at untouchable already. before i joined and was at porto it took at least 8 months of going unbeaten before i got to very secure and dont think i ever reached untouchable with them even though i had an unbeaten season.

So did you use the editor, to either boost your bank balance or to be able to sell players on?

You can't get rid of Ibrahimovic in the first season, as he is only on loan from Barca, and you have no option to terminate the loan early.

Dont use any editors, ruins the game imo.

i am not in my first season, it is the 3rd in game season as i started the game at porto before taking over ac milan near the end of the second season. i sold ibrahimovic during that summer to roma for 10.25 million which you may think is cheap but given the circumstances at the time it was a no brainer. he was on 185 k a week.

all the debt was cleared through selling players, reducing the wage bill and getting some friendly leagues done during pre-season.

I was untouchable when I almost managed to get Aviron Bayonnais promoted from French National to Ligue 2 in the first season. I was expected to fight bravely against relegation but finished fourth. Nevertheless, I was fired next December (board expected a mid-table finish for the second season but I couldn't even climb out of relegation zone).

Dont use any editors, ruins the game imo.

i am not in my first season, it is the 3rd in game season as i started the game at porto before taking over ac milan near the end of the second season. i sold ibrahimovic during that summer to roma for 10.25 million which you may think is cheap but given the circumstances at the time it was a no brainer. he was on 185 k a week.

all the debt was cleared through selling players, reducing the wage bill and getting some friendly leagues done during pre-season.

Tbh, with the wages Ibrah is on, getting anyone to take the useless lump of fat of your hands is a bonus. Was only asking as I have a Milan save going on and can't seem to shift anyone due to the wages they are on. I am just resigned to waiting for their contracts to run out and letting them go that way.

Not neccessarily tbh. a club that is expected to fight bravely against relegation and is bottom of the league would not see the board getting unhappy with the manager. financial control in this situation becomes even more important to the club for its long term survival.

you could say its a big issue for big clubs to some extent, we have all seen top league clubs go bankrupt and nose dive through divisions over the years.

But if you are expected to fight bravely against relegation then your confidence bar for competitions will stay relatively near the middle if you are bottom of the league, so this confidence bar still counts, it's just that because of the league situation it's unlikely to go very low.

Tbh, with the wages Ibrah is on, getting anyone to take the useless lump of fat of your hands is a bonus. Was only asking as I have a Milan save going on and can't seem to shift anyone due to the wages they are on. I am just resigned to waiting for their contracts to run out and letting them go that way.

Yeah the wages some players are on is too high especially given their age. at first i tried to offer them new contracts reducing their wage but none was willing to do this, to me this is a bit of a problem and needs fixing but thats a different issue.

i ended up having to let pirlo and ambrosini leave for free when their contract was up at the end of my first season which was only a few months after i took over. gattuso had another year to go so it wasnt an option with him. i offered him out for free but no-one was interested so i decided to ask him to mutually terminate his contract due to debt. he ha a moan at first but eventually agreed aslong as the club paid him 2.6 million which was better than the 6 million i would have had to give him if i just released him from his contract.

ibrahimovic wanted more money at 30 turning 31 and that was never going to happen so i offered him out but no-one would touch him untill i offered him out at his market value. roma where the only team to bid so i let him go.

also all of the players have taken a wage cut now to play for other teams but wouldnt for me which is a little unrealistic. gattuso is on 7.5k at everton, ambrosini and pirlo are on around the same too. even ibrahimovic took a 15k wage cut to join roma.

the fans where unhappy because of the rivalry and they wasnt happy about me letting ambrosini go either but what can you do.

just a quick update im still top of the league and 11 points clear now in december. p

I am currently, even.

Taken over at Portsmouth in 3rd year December, in 11th position of the EPL after being re-promoted that summer. Finished 8th and now I'm leading the league in the 4th year with 16 matches played and a squad which holds 4 wonderkids signed by me. No significant other success in cups or so. That's what it took for me to get there. :)

i got to untouchable twice with newcastle, when i won the champions league, then i won nothing the next 2 seasons, then won the premiership and fa cup and got it again, after more success i'm now a legend! :D

Newcastle currently play at Ackter Park and their star player is my son :p

Archived