Do the AI buy the same players?

Hey guys i was just wondering if the AI manager will buy the same players in different save games. I have only one save so i was wondering if it was like FM08?or FM09 where in all my saves chelsea would always buy Pandev?

Pre-set shortlist are different on each version, so no, the clubs won't always buy the same players on different FM versions. Though on the same FM but in different save games 95% that they will buy the same players. e.g. City always buy Farfan at the beginning of the game.

Don't know if it's predetermined or anything, but it's quite understandable how hot prospects and/or established players tend to join the same couple of clubs...

I would be surprised if Pastore joined United in one save and WBA in another one...

Its down to the generated manager shortlists when creating a new game.

It looks at each team and manager, then generates a shortlist of players for each team.

Because the source material is almost identical with every new game, the shortlists will be very, very similar each time.

Pre-set shortlist are different on each version, so no, the clubs won't always buy the same players on different FM versions. Though on the same FM but in different save games 95% that they will buy the same players. e.g. City always buy Farfan at the beginning of the game.

wow you managed to mention city without slating them ? hats off to you my man! yeah this is the reason OP. the pre set shortlists of managers will be a factor.

Yeah at the start of the game the AI will buy pretty much the same players, the only time Darron Gibson hasn't went to Aston Villa on mine is when I've played as either club. Once the game progresses it becomes more random as teams will end up in different positions and the shortlists will then change to suit.

Archived