Choosing your own feeder club

if you have been at the club for a fair while the board asks you what type of feeder club you would like, eg - send players on loan for work permit, merchandising sales and a few other options.

after a while they come back with 5 relivant clubs you can then pick from according to what type of feeder club you requested.

If you are managing in England then if you are after a boost in Merchandising sales, they will come back with either/and clubs in asia and/or usa

personally I have never seen in the game the board giving you the ability to choose any club in the world right off the bat, they usually ask you what type of feeder club you want, never seen anything better than that

In '09 whenever i picked a specific club as a feeder the board were never able to complete the hook-up for whatever reason... now when I ask for feeder clubs I just let the board search and pick from their choices..

The feeder club feature is completely broken yes. I have tried to forge a link with another club twice a season (or as many times as allowed) for four years now and Las Palmas has still not managed to find a suitable club.

Maybe they tried to fix the ease with which managers could create links with other clubs in FM10, and instead just broke the whole thing.

I don't remember ever getting a recommendation accepted...

Still I'd like to have at least a say on the country/area of the future feeder club... It's fine having the option to choose a lower-league feeder club, or a commercial parner etc, but I'd really wish the board could allow us to be a bit more specific/selective.

Last time I asked for a EU-zone feeder club for my Chelsea side, all the board was able to come back were three second-rate clubs from Serbia and Croatia, filled with greyed-out players.

A feeder club should be useful, and should make a loan deal viable and advantageous for both parts... A club with only grey players that will probably play just 3 friendlies a season in as good as having no feeder club at all.

i think they took out the option of choosing any club you wanted because people could never get it to work, it became pointless. I personally never got a single club in FM10 i chose, so i gave up and just let the board give me a list and i choose from there.

It's definitely broken in FM11. My PSG team has worldwide reputation and is ranked as the top team in Europe and everytime I ask the board for a feeder team to whom I can send players, they always respond with non-professional teams

i think they took out the option of choosing any club you wanted because people could never get it to work, it became pointless. I personally never got a single club in FM10 i chose, so i gave up and just let the board give me a list and i choose from there.

I actually managed to make it work, once. In FM10. But back then it was easy to build a very good club network, now it is impossible.

i cant remember which club i was (possible Arsenal or maybe Spurs) but at the start i already had links in the US and Hongkong,few seasons down the road when i asked the board to search for a feeder club to enhance the clubs rep/merchandise they gave me the option of a few Japanesse teams, so i picked one only to find that once i had done that they cancelled the link with my hongkong club, didnt even get new event abouts it,think this must bea glitch :(

In FM10 it worked just fine for me .. and I even managed Bath City in the BSS. I never had any problems finding a feeder club. In FM11, I have not had much luck with either feeder clubs or parent clubs. But I haven't tried out 11.3 yet.

Archived