Budget to Balance?

Ok, so here's the situation. I've just been promoted to the Prem with Crewe. Midway through the summer so I've already made some signings but I'm about £4m in the red. The board gave me ~£25m to spend but my worry is if I spend it all I'll be £30m in the red. I don't plan to spend it all but it's still a worry. On the other hand, there's money to come in from season tickets, gate receipts and TV money so I'll probably see a profit at the end of the year regardless.

My queries are 1) How quickly does money go into your balance if you opt to reduce your budget in favour of your wage budget?

and 2) I've heard boards being a little more likely to accept bids over your head if you're in the red and it actually happened to me at the start of last season despite being in the black. So will the board realise they gave me the money to spend and accept we'll be in the red for a season? Or do they just see that you're in the red and take matters into their own hands? I don't want to lose my talented youngsters and the big clubs are circling!

Thanks in advance.

My queries are 1) How quickly does money go into your balance if you opt to reduce your budget in favour of your wage budget?

Your balance and your budget are two different things.

Your balance is your bank account showing how much money you physically have while your budget is just a fake amount your board will allow you to spend.

Not only are the vultures circling when you are in the red, but they are much more likely to bid as well, I have found. Once you are in the black again interested clubs go away. This explains why AI clubs aren't buying players at all after a few seasons - everyone is jack full of money and so none of them have to sell, pushing the prices above what the AI clubs are willing to offer. The only players they get to sign are hot prospects, since they are cheap and the low player importance and wages makes them within the range the AI is willing to offer for a player.

If you are asking about the board request to change the wages vs transfer budget, that kicks in immediately.

All you season ticket sales will be in at the start of the season; however, the TV money and prize money dribble in month by month.

You can go over wage budget for a while with no real problem, but as said, if your balance is deeply in the red the board might come over all "Portsmouth" on you, so you have to be careful.

Budget like Blackpool and see how you get on!

Archived