How on earth does this make sense? Why are the fans concerned?

I just got promoted to the premier league and I set my expectations to avoid relegation.

I'm predicted 19th by the media. Arsenal are predicted 4th.

It's the second game of the season and I draw 2-2 with them (a result I am REALLY happy with, despite them having a lot of chances)

and I get this??? Check the screenshots in this album:

http://imgur.com/a/LQr6O

I realise they had a lot of shots... but come on I just got promoted and its arsenal!

I can only see three pictures so I can only make an educated guess.

You might have got a point against Arsenal but that won't stop the fans being concerned if Arsenal dominated the match. They are not saying they are disappointed with the point, only that they are worried that if this is a sign of things to come its going to be a long season.

Fans reactions are erratic and make little sense at times.

Relegation candidates will gladly take a point against title contenders any day of the week, even if it was a 90 minutes thrashing ending with a lucky goal... If you're tipped as 19th place material, a game against Arsenal isn't the one you're supposed to impress or to go great...

Anything you can get out of such games should be regarded as gold, no matter what.

It's because the confidence system isn't dynamic enough to take into account the chances of a game. Which obviously doesn't make any sense when you can go into a game where prior 'fans are pessimistic' and then you have a close 1-0 loss or even a draw and after you get 'fans disappointed'. So how do you get disappointed when it was expected you'd get crushed?

Lack of attention to detail and commons sense on SI's part to be perfectly honest.

Archived