Todays PSP Version Vs 2001 PC Version....Thoughts??

The last time I played this game was about 6 years ago, as championship manager 2001/02 on the PC. Best game ever. Loved it since the original came out.

I haven't owned a computer since then, and really thinking about buying a PSP so I can get the new version when it comes out in a few weeks and get back into things...

I just wanted to know, how much of a difference will there be??

I mean, the game is now 6 years along and more advanced... but i shall be getting it for the PSP, so is it likely to be slower and less of a game than the 2001/02 version on the PC?

about the same - as although the game is more advanced, it is dumbed down for the PSP?

Or has technology come so far that the game will be better on the PSP now than it was on the PC back then???

Any comments would be mos appreciated before I shell out the cash. Thanks in advance....

The last time I played this game was about 6 years ago, as championship manager 2001/02 on the PC. Best game ever. Loved it since the original came out.

I haven't owned a computer since then, and really thinking about buying a PSP so I can get the new version when it comes out in a few weeks and get back into things...

I just wanted to know, how much of a difference will there be??

I mean, the game is now 6 years along and more advanced... but i shall be getting it for the PSP, so is it likely to be slower and less of a game than the 2001/02 version on the PC?

about the same - as although the game is more advanced, it is dumbed down for the PSP?

Or has technology come so far that the game will be better on the PSP now than it was on the PC back then???

Any comments would be mos appreciated before I shell out the cash. Thanks in advance....

• SI Staff

I helped make the game so I'm obviously going to be somewhat biased in my opinion (thought I'd admit that first icon_wink.gif ).

The PSP version of FMH is fairly similar in nature to our old 01-02 game and has similar depth and complexity, however there is the restriction of only being able to run a single league at a time on it (and there is a limit of 30 seasons within a single save game after which you retire and recieve a quick summary of your life after football).

Ha, I don't mind the bias, always loved the game!

When you say one league, does that mean if I'm playing in the premier league, I can't check to see how say division 1 is shaping up and how the lower league teams are doing?

Also, are the load times on the PSP about the same as what the PC used to be? Or slower??

Thanks again!

No. Marc means that you can run 1 nation. For example, if you chose England then you can see from the Premiership right down to the Conference National. However, you cant chose say Spain and England just one nation per game and you cant swap over during a game or applu for jobs in other nations other than the national team manager. I also think that this game is very similar to CM01/02 which was on of my favourite CM games. Kennedy Bakircioglü was the best player by far. Hope this has helped icon14.gif

It started in 1992 but I was 1 at the time so don't blame me for not playing it. It says 3+ on the box anyway icon_razz.gif. I remember I was Aston Villa at the time and my brother was Newcastle Utd. It was my first game in charge and I was against him. He went out and I went on player search for about 6 hours and managed to get Roberto Carlos on a free transfer and I beat him which was freaky as he had played it regularly for some time! The best players i've remembered over my time in CM/FM are:

Sean Divine

Ian Walker

Mike Tyler

Tommy Svindle Larsson

Billy MacDonald

Jamie Langfield

Kennedy Bakircioglü - Wikipedia "In his time at Hammarby, Bakircioglu was well known to many players of the computer game Championship Manager. Bakircioglu had the reputation of a legend in the game."

"Electronic Arts reportedly turned down the chance to publish Championship Manager in 1992." Ha... losers!

Cherno Samba

Ton-ton Zola Moukokouu

Jan Kristiensen

Mark Kerr

Alessio Cerci - CM 03/04 tactic "Diablo" - 75 goals a season HA!

Franco Costanzo

Fredy William Thompson

Dwight Pezzarossi

Alejandro Sanchez Fernandez

Supat Rungratsamee

Vincent Pericard

Kim Kallstrom

Anatoli Todorov

Advaldo

Freddy Guarin

Daniel Fredheim Holm

To Madeira (cheat player [truly awesome but didn't exist in real life])

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">

Kennedy Bakircioglü - Wikipedia "In his time at Hammarby, Bakircioglu was well known to many players of the computer game Championship Manager. Bakircioglu had the reputation of a legend in the game." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He's a loser... plays for Ajax now but without prospects really... icon13.gif

Archived