Bit Unsporting...

The most unsporting act I've seen on this game! It was in my favour though, so I can deal with it, but thought I'd post it here anyway.

It's the 84th minute against Liverpool at Anfield. I'm 2-1, but heavily under the kosh. My team (Man City) have a corner... what I see next is crazy

The Liverpool keeper goes behind the ball to get the goal, goes towards the corner post with the ball, puts it down for my player, and my player takes the corner whilst the keeper is going back to the goal and it goes straight to my player who heads it into an empty net!

A bug? Or idiotic by the Liverpool keeper?

It might be possible irl, but it's still a bug in game... there are many occasions where set pieces are taken too quickly. I don't mean rushing when the defense is unprepared... I mean the ME bugging out and taking the kick before their own team members are ready for it or out of position.

Besides, the ME isn't coded to take fast set pieces, I've never seen it happen once. For the most part everyone is all set and it takes the time off the clock, but like I said, its not rare for the ball shagging player to be well out of position.

A bug? Or idiotic by the Liverpool keeper?

I think it's only a bug if it's happening with any regularity, or if there's a tactical setting which makes it happen. I've never actually seen it happen in any of my games, so I'm not too worried, I think it's actually good that the simulation's capable of recreating some of the freaky things that happen in football without having them happen all the time, as you might see in some simulations of a lesser quality.

This sort of thing does happen on rare occasions in real life.

What? When? I've never seen the keeper get the ball and bring it out to the corner flag for the corner taker. I challenge you to find me footage of this happening. Go on then. There's 10 internet points in it for you!

What? When? I've never seen the keeper get the ball and bring it out to the corner flag for the corner taker. I challenge you to find me footage of this happening. Go on then. There's 10 internet points in it for you!

He said "this sort of thing". Not "this specific incident".

By which he means examples of dubious conduct. Like when Dion Dublin ran back onto the pitch to boot the ball in the goal after the keeper threw it down to boot out, not knowing Dion Dublin was off the pitch just behind him.

On a similar theme, I did see something rather bizarre in a game myself yesterday evening. A player of mine went down with an injury, the other team knocked the ball out of play. We take the throw on, and my player is throwing it out for a goal kick. Thier defender rushed back to keep the ball in play, succeeded in doing so but headed to my winger who promptly crossed into the box and we scored. I'm still slightly head scratching at that one.

But I wouldn't label these things as bugs unless they can be consistantly repeated. As it is, they seem to occur utterly randomly. And that seems right. Whether they are deliberately coded in or not. Because in football... crazy things happen. Things that the best scriptwriter in the world could not write, let alot a computer programmer. I mean, seriously. A goal scored via a deflection from a beach ball? A ref awarding a goal that went two yards wide?

Personally, I really enjoy odd things like this when they happen in the game, even if I know they arent always intentional. Make it all the more real for me.

May be connected to the keepers eccentricity rating. Odd things do happen on occasion and they keep the game interesting. Remember seeing a keeper rush to take a free kick from his box, it went right into the back of his defenders head and bounced back into the goal! :)

I wish I can tell my players to be unsporting as possible

As far as the situation described by OP, didn't something similar happened once? Goalie tackles striker and ball is out for a throw in, the striker quickly took it and throws it against the keeper's back then scored into an empty net.

if this has happened once, and its just a random abberation of code, then I think this sort of thing adds charm to the game rather than detract from it. I've never, in five years, seen that happen, I can't imagine other people have, so I think it'll have to go down as just a funny event.

oh, and i agree, i wish you could mould your team into a bunch of unsporting hard nuts

I wish I can tell my players to be unsporting as possible

As far as the situation described by OP, didn't something similar happened once? Goalie tackles striker and ball is out for a throw in, the striker quickly took it and throws it against the keeper's back then scored into an empty net.

I saw a video similar to this.

The away keeper rushed out of the box to clear a ball into the stands. It was probably around 25 yards from the byline.

A ballboy from the home team threw his ball to his own team player straight away, who threw it in and the other player scored whilst the goalie was out of goal.

edit - Found it

[video=youtube;PAZ3dRYplss]

I think it's only a bug if it's happening with any regularity....

This.

These little quirks should always be in the game, in fact a few more random things like this would be a nice touch as crazy stuff happens in the real game - it should happen in FM too. The problem is is if it happens too regularly. I'd also like to see more GK injuries and sendings off in 3D games (never seen it happen at all so far!).

I saw a video similar to this.

The away keeper rushed out of the box to clear a ball into the stands. It was probably around 25 yards from the byline.

A ballboy from the home team threw his ball to his own team player straight away, who threw it in and the other player scored whilst the goalie was out of goal.

That's awesome. I found the video I was thinking of, it was Dean Saunders

[video=youtube;QZFgrW7LrQE]

There's also this classic:

[video=youtube;R96j711uSIM]

Archived