Different save, different date, same problem!

Alright lads,

I posted a thread a few weeks back saying I was manging Barca and was in the second season just coming up to the Club World Championship. The game crash dumped on November 20th/21st so I couldnt progress into the competition, the only one I'm yet to win with Barca.

Well, after a save with Stoke City that wasnt as succesful (you may be surprised to hear Rory Delap isnt as useful as Andres Iniesta!) I started a new game with Barca. Again, winning everything possible. I got to November 16th 2011 and remembered the crash dump from my previous save. Was a bit worried but thought nothing of it. Then made it past the 20/21st and thought problem was gone. Until I reach the 24th and yep, it happens. The game crashes leaving me angry and restraining myself from smashing my laptop to pieces.

Last time I tried everything from re-loading a previous save and playing a month over again to holidaying past the crash date. Neither worked! I'm fully patched up and installed via Steam.

Maybe post your save in the bugs forum and have SI look at it? There won't be another patch obviously, but maybe they can at least tell you what the cause is as they track the crash down to fix it.

Archived