A goalkeeping dilemma

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the depths of the good player forum, but since it's only regens I was a rebel and put it here (mods could move it if that's not appropriate?)

I have somewhat of a minor dilemma, fortunately it's one of being spoilt for choice in a way. I've got two world-class goalkeepers, one who is my main goalie right now, and has been with the club many years, he's not clased as "home grown" but he's a good player and he's reliable, very consistent, a top performer, and in a good wage currently, one I can easily afford even on the semi-tight budget I have at Truro City. It's not super tight, my stadium is now a 40,500 all seater, and I get champions league money every year, just sponsorship deal is awfully low, (lowest in the league, despite being negotiated the season after Truro were champions league runner's up) and well, we're at max of 1.1 million pounds a year, other teams can get more though and going to my max will mean I'd have to be careful about other expenditures.

Anyway, let me introduce my first-choice, Seydou Kouakou

kouakou.jpg

Also, I have this wonderkid in training who could potentially be even better, I'm not sure, but he's got lots of potential and is already very good:

williamo.jpg

Now comes to the actual dilemma! see, I noticed Palermo, a good italian team that were champions league runner's up last season are bidding 9.5 million pounds for this guy

straccia.jpg

Now, looking at him, he seems like possibly the best goalkeeper in the world, he looks amazing, if my goalkeepers are world-class, he's beyond that and one-in-a-generation class, and if they're acceping bids of 9.5 million pounds for him, wouldnt I be mad not to go for him?

Yet there's the dilemma

Pros

* He's fantastic

* I'd stop an italian rival getting better - italy is the top rated league in my game, ahead of England.

Cons

* Expensive to keep, his wages would be three times what I pay my current goalkepeers.

* Three years older than my current goalkeeper.

* Doesn't speak english yet.

* I'd feel bad for turfing out one of my other goalkeepers.

I *could* afford him, it'd be tight, but I could afford him, I'm fairly happy with all areas of my team Although I could improve central midfield and right defence with a truly world-class one in those rules. I'm just not sure what I should do, what would you do?

I would say keep both and rotate as they are both young and they are years away from thier 'best' , i wouldnt get the other guy if you are on a shoe string and you have two good keepers there ( though he does look good) you might have to decide which one do you want to be your no.1 as you want to give them as much game time as possible

I do rotate them both, Kouakou is rated at three and a half stars by my assistand, and William is rated at three, with a potential for four. So this'd mean william could at least have more stats than Kouakou, and maybe even rival that other goalkeeper one day, if I don't get that other guy, I'll rotate them and probably william will eventually be number 1, it depends a bit how they perform. William is doing promising though, I've played him in every game against "lesser" teams this season and he's kept 10 clean sheets in 10 games, he's been doing fantastic.

I do want to keep both though, and rotate them both, but if I can get that other one, I'd probably sell Kouakou.

I've put a bid in for the other guy, I suppose i'll see if he even wants to join me before I make the real decision :p

You're probably right though, these two are a lot cheaper options and still fantastic.

I'd start playing the Brazilian guy regularly...

He's two-footed (so that means he's "better" than his attributes tell? Wasn't there some sort of bug with two-footedness?)

Kouakou looks a great "one-on-one" keeper, but his handling isn't quite there (yet).

Quite frankly if you can afford the third guy, you'd go for him... Sell one of the current keepers and you're set for the next 8-10 years

Archived