Question?

pa is the potential ability a player has, so determins how good he can become, i think it is out of 200. You cant view it unless you download a third party scout thing, not sure what they are though, i just rely on scout reports

When you get a scout report, you will get a star rating for 'potential ability'. This is his judgement on how good he thinks the player can become in the future, but that is it, it is a judgement.

The PA numbers that you often hear mentioned is the system used behind the scenes to make things work, it shouldn't really be possible to view it.

The PA numbers that you often hear mentioned is the system used behind the scenes to make things work, it shouldn't really be possible to view it.

I couldnt disagree more. No one is forced to view PA. SI is already far too paternal in how they design the game leading to some unnecessary stupidity: ie; uneditable refs, uneditable league rules, uneditable kit colors and uneditable schedules to just name a few things.

I couldnt disagree more. No one is forced to view PA. SI is already far too paternal in how they design the game leading to some unnecessary stupidity: ie; uneditable refs, uneditable league rules, uneditable kit colors and uneditable schedules to just name a few things.

Considering they are only following the rules set out in the license agreements they have with leagues/teams etc its not exactly stupidity is it?

However suggesting they ignore the license agreements probably is.

Considering they are only following the rules set out in the license agreements they have with leagues/teams etc its not exactly stupidity is it?

However suggesting they ignore the license agreements probably is.

How do you know this? Have you read the contracts?

And league rules change from season to season; so, yes, it is rather myopic to have unbendable league rules that become obsolete after season 1. We owners of FM 2007 are unable to play an accurate depiction of EPL season 2010-11 because of this.

I was saying was that the PA numbers are hidden by design, not that no one should ever be able to view them. Maybe I wasn't clear enough there.

On the one hand I agree that not knowing makes the game more challenging; on the other hand, by not knowing, its impossible to tell in player development is working properly. And, since scouting and staff reports are so poor, its really almost impossible to get a true picture of a player. For example, a player should be measured 1)against the other players at his position on his club, then against other players at his position in his league, and perhaps against the greater footballing world.

How do you know this? Have you read the contracts?

I don't need to its common knowledge amongst fans.

And league rules change from season to season; so, yes, it is rather myopic to have unbendable league rules that become obsolete after season 1. We owners of FM 2007 are unable to play an accurate depiction of EPL season 2010-11 because of this.

Thats what the editor is for.

I don't need to its common knowledge amongst fans.

Im sorry, but I have to laugh at this. None of us, including most of the SI staff, have read the contracts. We just dont know. But common sense would lead me to think that the various leagues wouldnt mind allowing sub rules or player registration to be changed year to year to reflect accuracy as long as they get their money.

Thats what the editor is for.

Its uneditable.

On the one hand I agree that not knowing makes the game more challenging; on the other hand, by not knowing, its impossible to tell in player development is working properly. And, since scouting and staff reports are so poor, its really almost impossible to get a true picture of a player. For example, a player should be measured 1)against the other players at his position on his club, then against other players at his position in his league, and perhaps against the greater footballing world.

If PA was impossible to see, everyone would base development on what they can see (and it would still be possible to test, with the difference being that people will test the attributes, not the magical PA figure). SI QA and the beta teams would still have access to the figures for more in-depth testing.

Im sorry, but I have to laugh at this. None of us, including most of the SI staff, have read the contracts. We just dont know. But common sense would lead me to think that the various leagues wouldnt mind allowing sub rules or player registration to be changed year to year to reflect accuracy as long as they get their money.

No, your right we haven't, but we do know that its been brought up on the forums many times over the years with the same answer being given.

TBH Bababui you seem to be one of these people that won't believe anything even when you see it for yourself judging by your posts over the last few weeks, in which case its pointless discussing anything with you.

Its uneditable.

Create your own league and move the teams.

If PA was impossible to see, everyone would base development on what they can see (and it would still be possible to test, with the difference being that people will test the attributes, not the magical PA figure). SI QA and the beta teams would still have access to the figures for more in-depth testing.

I dont look anymore; but this is a game and in my opinion people who pay for it should be able to see/edit/mod what they want. That way there is a far happier customer base and there would be a lot less moaning. If they ever did make hidden ratings actually hidden, they had better improve the way the game allows us to compare players. For working parents who play this game and dont have the time to get to know their squads well, taking away this option could ruin their gaming experience.

I'm perfectly happy to allow any single mod you can think of - as long as they can only be applied to a new game.

Once that game has been started, nothing else should be possible except to play it.

Thats how mods for pretty much every other game ever work.

Its still uneditable after game setup.

Frig me, do you want miracles?

You don't just want it editable, you want to be able to edit it during a save :eek:

I suspect there would be a lot of issues coding leagues changes into a save, leading to potential bugs.

League and competition changes are the main reason that save games cant be transferred between versions - christ knows what it would take to rewrite the module to the point that it would work.

Frig me, do you want miracles?

You don't just want it editable, you want to be able to edit it during a save :eek:

I suspect there would be a lot of issues coding leagues changes into a save, leading to potential bugs.

League and competition changes are the main reason that save games cant be transferred between versions - christ knows what it would take to rewrite the module to the point that it would work.

But all these rules are already in the game. It would be simple to change them in the offseason.

For example, using FM 2007 as an example. England still had the 5 sub rule while most of the rest of the world had the 7 sub rule. On the day that the regens are created, an option, like pitch alteration, could pop up asking which already ingame implemented rules the player might want to introduce to the English league. Would it really be hard for the game to have brought the 7 sub rule to the EPL after season 1 or season 2? Or even player registration as it was already implemented for the Champions League?

If for no other reason, occasionally shuffling league rules could make long term saves a little fresher and more fun. And even more challenging for players who might like stricter rules...say 5 bubs or 3 yellows to a match suspension.

I'd like SI to implement the chance of that kind of thing happening automatically, but I wouldn't want it to be something you could change whenever you felt like it.

I think the editor should allow you to edit everything that it's legally possible to edit, but once a game has started, that should be it.

I'd like SI to implement the chance of that kind of thing happening automatically, but I wouldn't want it to be something you could change whenever you felt like it.

I think the editor should allow you to edit everything that it's legally possible to edit, but once a game has started, that should be it.

Completely agree with point 1. But, what about players playing older versions who might want to recreate seasons? A yearly option to change the rules surely couldnt be a bad thing?

I dont see why we should be able to edit/see/mod a game just cos you have bought it. Games manufacturers sell games to entertain people.

Would you want this for just fm? Or is this every game? Modern Warfare? Halo? etc etc....

Archived