Please stop by to help a new player.

I started out managing Bayern and now moved to Barcelona. The year is 2015 and I want to renew Messi's contract that is due to expire in 2016.

The thing is the board does not allow me to offer him a contract using the existing term (475k salary). He was not even asking for more money. Why can't I pay him the same as before? My wage budget is so much lower than the limit so that is not a problem. How do you guys deal with this? It seems so stupid that the board doesn't let me offer this guy 50k more on salary while they gave me 215 mil to buy players.

Thanks a lot for all your help.

Check the squad status he has on the new contract offer first, if changing that to key player, which i think it will probably already be set on for Messi, then try adjusting your budgets with heavier weighting towards your wage budget.

Thanks for your help. I finally make him accept a 50k reduction in salary by giving the agent 10 mil fee. This whole thing seems like a glitch to me. You should be able to exceed the wage restriction that the board places on players as long as it does not make you go over the total wage limit as a whole.

Archived