Is it just me or is it still happining

just thought id ask will si ever change the way the ai cracks your tactics after a few months of using them or is it just me its still happining to?

i mean for 3 seasons in a row my solihull moors team has been top of the blue square league and absoloutly demolishing teams then in january/febuary the ai cracks

my tactics and i end up something like four or five spots off the play-off positions beacause i lose something like 20 of my last 25 games???

it tends to get very annoying

sorry if this has already been asked and i dnt mean to be a moaner just wanted to know

thanks in advance

The AI doesn't crack your tactics. Highly successful teams tend to succumb to the effects of complacency around January/February. They may also succumb to the effects of pressure if they're getting close to clinching the title. The best way to cope with it is to constantly use "Expect a Win" team talks and play down expectations in press conferences, even if your AssMan isn't noting any complacency.

Now, you can argue that this is unrealistic and lame, but it's not tactic-cracking. Frankly, I think it would be awesome if the AI was sophisticated enough to crack tactics, but it's not. It just makes your players play like crap for psychological (not tactical) reasons.

The AI doesn't crack your tactics. Highly successful teams tend to succumb to the effects of complacency around January/February. They may also succumb to the effects of pressure if they're getting close to clinching the title. The best way to cope with it is to constantly use "Expect a Win" team talks and play down expectations in press conferences, even if your AssMan isn't noting any complacency.

Now, you can argue that this is unrealistic and lame, but it's not tactic-cracking. Frankly, I think it would be awesome if the AI was sophisticated enough to crack tactics, but it's not. It just makes your players play like crap for psychological (not tactical) reasons.

You can also add to that the effect of morale and tactical issues as the opposition play a more defensive game against you.

ok fair enough but should these really effect me destroying teams then all of a sudden getting beat 3-0 and 4-0 20 times out of 25??

Games swing on small things.

I suspect you play a direct attacking game and when faced with good counter attacking teams you struggle. You miss chances, morale drops. They score, your morale drops. You shout at your players, morale drops further. You get pulled into a catch 22 situation and are failing to identify the problems.

Look at your tactics, look at your teamtalks & look at your players morale.

I remember reading somewhere that about half way through the season, if your say a mid table team but find yourself top of the league, then teams that would normally attack against you will start to play more defensively and if you don't ajust your tactics to counter this then you'd start struggling against other teams. Obviously if you've been destroying teams for various seasons now then you shouldn't be considered a mid table team and other teams will defend against you from the off. But if you've been destroying the league in the first half of the season, surely everybody is gonna play massively on the counter to you for the second half of the campaign. Don't know how true that explanation was when I read it, but it seems to make sense.

Yeah, this is a mix of conformation bias, natural complacency and changes in reputation leading to opponents reacting differently.

As Arsenal, with a team that didn't have much room for reputation change, I managed to keep the same formation from mid way through the second season right up until the 12th season. In that time I've changed a ball winning midfielder to box to box midfielder. That's it. One change, 3 years in.

Still performing great. 9 titles, 2 runners up spots, tons of champions league titles. Hardly cracked by the AI.

Archived