Challenge keeper

In previous versions I've never had any success using this but on FM I've done really well. Diego Milito scored six goals in a season with poached flick ons in front of the keeper for my Inter side and Dirk Kuyt has been getting some crucial goals this way for my Liverpool side.

Anyone else use this and how effective do you deem it?

I believe in FM07 or FM08 it was a well known corner bug to set one player to 'challenge keeper' and direct all corners to 6 yard box.

I haven't noticed it in FM11 though. Yes, few goals in a season, but nothing too abnormal.

the corner cheat bug is still alive and well unfortunately. don't know how they haven't been able to fix this yet but hope they will for fm12

I don't think it is. I didn't start this thread to start talking about a bug. It's a good, honest way to poach some goals sometimes. Please don't outright claim there to be a bug.

Actually wiitastic is kind of right. SI fixed most elements of the old corner exploit, they they've left 'Challenge Keeper' as overly productive. Thus it is an unrealistic exploit. For this reason i don't use it in my corner and free kick set ups so that I get a realistic amount of goals from them and no more.

Actually wiitastic is kind of right. SI fixed most elements of the old corner exploit, they they've left 'Challenge Keeper' as overly productive. Thus it is an unrealistic exploit. For this reason i don't use it in my corner and free kick set ups so that I get a realistic amount of goals from them and no more.

I don't think it's being overly exploitive. It happens maybe once in every five games which is a reasonable figure. It's a common feature in Football, especially in England. Seems fine to me.

I do this, and I get 5-10 goals a year that way with the right player (small, composed striker) in front of the keeper and a good aerial threat at far post. Roughly 10 goals per season directly from corner, maybe 5 own-goals, and finally some headers go from far post to near post guy before scoring. Roughly 20-30% of the goals come either directly or indirectly from corner. Not an exploit.

While the first-post "corner cheat" gives a centre back 15-30 goals per season, that "exploit" never produces assists and rarely own goals. So the result is still 20-30% of the team's goals. Not really an exploit just unrealistic.

Archived