Work Permit

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes anyway.

I've had a work permit application, and appeal turned down for Nika Kvekveskiri; however I've still been able to sign the player. I can't play him, though. Will I be able to apply for a work-permit at a later date for him?

You'll have to loan him out at a club in another EU-nation where he can play enough football to become eligible for a WP when he'll be back at your club (or eventually to get dual-citizenship, but it takes long).

TBH I really hate the WP thing, as it doesn't seem to be handled consistently...

I bought an interesting 23yo Senegalese winger who played as a regular in both Netherlands and Belgium (with a season as rotation in Italy), for a total of 87 games over 4 seasons, all in EU nations, yet he didn't even get a provisional working permit...

That makes no sense to me... it's not as if he was a random guy I signed for 10k from an obscure African club...

Seriously which are the in-game criteria to get a WP?

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but here goes anyway.

I've had a work permit application, and appeal turned down for Nika Kvekveskiri; however I've still been able to sign the player. I can't play him, though. Will I be able to apply for a work-permit at a later date for him?

Loan the player to a affliate club in belgium, poland, etc;

Thanks loads for the answers lads. Really appreciate it. Do't suppose I could be a bit cheeky and ask another?

I have signed another player, this time from Dinamo (I'm playing as Liverpool), and this was inside the transfer window. However, the player is not able to join until June 2012, almost two years from now. What is the reason for this? I wouldn't have too much of an issue, except the lad is 18, and will be 20 when he gets here. Therefore I will miss out on developing him for a whole two years, which is pretty major in terms of youth.

Doesn't need to be a work permit club btw - I find the best way is to loan him to any club that will see him as a valuable player. Do this each season until he is ready to play for your team.

The amount of football he gets on loan will allow you to successfully reapply for a work permit.

As for the Dinamo lad - check out the league rules for their club, chances are he's simply not allowed to leave before the age of 20.

I spent most of my wage budget on 3 young brazilian players. I didnt realise brazilian clubs didnt allow there young players to leave there country until they are 20 or 21. I think african clubs are the same. So perhaps this is the problem.

The South American age of leaving is 18.

Archived