Anyone else play two versions of fm?

at the moment i have saved games in fm 2009 and fm 2010 im enjoying alot, just makes me wonder does anyone play two versions of fm? would be intrested if anyone had like a long term save in say fm 2006 and playing fm 2011 at the moment as theres so many differences or does anyone else play two versions at all or is it just me?

I did keep 2010 installed for a long time after 2011 was out, mostly because I had a long-term st Mirren save which I loved, did so mcuh with that save, scotland were rated the best national team in the world, and scotland one of the most successful leagues in Europe. Yet I finally went and deleted FM2010 after I felt 2011 was working well enough (which is about a month back now).

sometimes i keep a old version because of a long term save...say i got a 15 year old through the youth team and hes now 30 in my team and if i keep playing him he could become say all time top scorer or something i find it intresting and keep challegning myself while the i wait for patches (sometimes) for the new fm's

I've never gone back to an older version of CM/FM, as soon as the new version is released I start playing that one and uninstall the last one.

Have you never had a save that you'd like to keep ticking along in the background or come back to at some point?

What would happen if you got the new FM, uninstalled the old one, and then decided that you didn't like it or discovered some game killing bug?

Personally, I've nearly always kept the old one on my machine and tentatively tried out the new one first of all. :D

I always have CM 03/04 and FM 2008 installed in my computer.

Why CM03/04? Just curious to hear what you like about that game.

I installed the CM03/04 version today to take a look at a few of my old saves. I must have liked this version of the game, even though I can't remember much about it, because I had two long-term saves burnt on to a CD. I also discovered that I had bought two copies of CM03/04 for some reason. :confused: :D

Have you never had a save that you'd like to keep ticking along in the background or come back to at some point?

What would happen if you got the new FM, uninstalled the old one, and then decided that you didn't like it or discovered some game killing bug?

Personally, I've nearly always kept the old one on my machine and tentatively tried out the new one first of all. :D

I always try and time my games to end when the new game is released, so I'm usually ready to move on by the time a new version is out.

I always keep the previous version installed while I'm playing the demo, then switch over once the full game is released. I've not had good reason to switch back yet.

I always try and time my games to end when the new game is released, so I'm usually ready to move on by the time a new version is out.

I always keep the previous version installed while I'm playing the demo, then switch over once the full game is released. I've not had good reason to switch back yet.

I'm impressed Dafuge. It's a pretty logical and clinical approach. ;)

I'm far too emotional. I was shocked when you told me that you delete all of your saves when moving on to a new version. :eek: I still have old saves burned on to CDs and saved on external hard drives for pretty much every version going back as far as CM03/04! :D

I'm impressed Dafuge. It's a pretty logical and clinical approach. ;)

I'm far too emotional. I was shocked when you told me that you delete all of your saves when moving on to a new version. :eek: I still have old saves burned on to CDs and saved on external hard drives for pretty much every version going back as far as CM03/04! :D

I think the only save I've kept is my T&M save from last year, although I haven't installed FM2010 to have a look at it since.

Archived