No words can describe the confusion that this has caused me!

There once was a defensive midfielder called Leandro...

...uh...

...anyhow, I sold him for £2.3 mil to New England this season, and to my surprise, not 3 weeks later he's now a free agent...

Hmmm...

leandrof.jpg

As you can see, he not only left his club on a free, but then to another club, then another, then back to the other, then back once more before now being a free agent...

leandro2.jpg

WHY?!

I think it's an issue with the way MLS is modeled in FM. I've seen quite a few "odd" occurrences (players disappearing, squad selection issues, unchangeable reverting to previous captain, etc) in the 10 or so matches I tried to play. I know it's tough for SI to correctly code all the rules related to MLS, hopefully FM2012 will be better. I don't think MLS is really playable in its current state.

why dont you have a chat with Leandro and suggest he would make a great coach, then he may just advise you he will make himself available right away, you can then offer a coaching contract. I did that previously with Gerrard & Carragher in a previous FM2011 saved game.

I believe this is an issue with MLS teams signing players for their teams that they then cannot fit into the squad/salary cap, and then releasing them, then another team has a look and the cycle continues...

Wow!

So, why would he go back to a club he left less than a week earlier?

why dont you have a chat with Leandro and suggest he would make a great coach, then he may just advise you he will make himself available right away, you can then offer a coaching contract. I did that previously with Gerrard & Carragher in a previous FM2011 saved game.

Well... he's 26... So I'm not so sure he'd go for that.

It's an issue with MLS that's dogged FM for years- teams will sign players and then immediately waive them, likely due to roster restrictions (such as foreign player limits.) Sad that this happens with cash deals, too. And the bouncing back and forth between clubs has been an issue for awhile. SI has assigned a dedicated coder for MLS for next year's version, so hopefully things will be better.

It's an issue with MLS that's dogged FM for years- teams will sign players and then immediately waive them, likely due to roster restrictions (such as foreign player limits.) Sad that this happens with cash deals, too. And the bouncing back and forth between clubs has been an issue for awhile. SI has assigned a dedicated coder for MLS for next year's version, so hopefully things will be better.

if he is only 26 then most likely you wont be able to, maybe you only can with players who are 30+

Archived