Conning youngsters

Just signed a Barcelona youth player.

He is getting £150,000 a week after 30 league appearances, £30k per appearance, £30k per goal. But he is on a 5 year deal at £50 per week. Little does he know I plan to flog him at a profit in a few years time after making 0 appearances...

Who else has great fun doing this?

How do you plan to make a decent profit if he never plays?

His stats will improve, he will be good for the under 20s. And he'll more than likely go on loan for a year or 2.

The AI always love to buy my crap youngsters. I had 2 youngsters already in my team with presubably a decent PA. They both had very high speed. But they were both awful. One was a striker with 10 finishing and the highest technical stat was 14, and one was a defender with rubbish defending stats. Sold the striker for £7m, and the defender for £5m. Neither played a single minute for me,

My favourite move (which should be removed in FM12 really) is to offer a new contract as soon as I get the "Player's wage will increase to £25,000 after one more game". They will generally still accept a new contract for more than they earn now but less than they will earn after one more game.

SI should make FM recognise the wage hike is about to be implemented and make them demand that as a baseline wage really.

But then, it's a clause I hate, and will always try to eliminate if viable. If forced on me, yeah. I abuse it a little.

I've never seen the point in buying to sell if the player can't do a job for you in the meantime.

Nothing more satisfying than signing a player for a couple of thousands and then selling him on for £30m.

Managed it 7 times in my current career :cool:

I just love that 4 clubs buy him twice, and still don't play him :D This is FM09 though, so don't know if it still happens.

Back on topic, it is very easy to buy cheap and develop without playing any games then sell for a big profit. I don't do it, in fact I get annoyed with it happening, because whilst I have a few promising youth players sat in my u18s or reserves I have to keep rejecting bids for them as they develop.

Archived