I want to be on the tele!

How come my bromley side is never on TV? Am I that bad to watch?

First season - blue square south - 0 tv appearances

2nd season - blue square south - 0 tv appearances (not surprising as they dont show those games on tv)

3rd season - blue square premier - 4 tv appearances (now I've hit the big time)

4th season - blue square premier - 4 tv appearances.

5th season - league two - 0 tv appearances

6th season - league one - 0 tv appearances

7th season - league one - 0 tv appearances

8th season - championship - 0 tv appearances (surely I should be on quite often now)

9th season - championship - 0 tv appearances

8 games on the tele when I was in the blue square and never since I became a proffesional league club. Seems a bit strange and all the other similar clubs I looked at have had tv appearances.

I havent counted finals or play offs as they are always on tv anyway

Anyone else found a lack of tv appearances at their club?

I've seen this in another thread somewhere. It can be a serious issue, especially for smaller clubs, as I think that other poster was saying he wasn't earning any tv money (obviously). Whereas other teams were playing more than their fair share of tv games and getting rich.

I think that other guy got shouted down in the end. Shame really because this could potentially ruin a save. You'll have a job to ever get this noticed though, because these threads inevitably attract deniers, who'll inevitably attract trolls. In the end the issue will be forgotten, suiting the deniers, (because the game is obviously perfect).

Not your fault mate, just the way the forum seems to work.

Yeah, I never thought of the extra money. I'm 13 million in debt, it would certainly help.

Just noticed a major bug in my game aswell. All players playing stats are gone. I did remember reading some people complaining about this before but as I'm only human and it never effected me it didnt bother me at the time, but I'm sure its effecting my players value.

I wait until patch .3 comes before I buy these days to give them time to iron out the bugs but I guess next year I need to wait till the mythical but usually nessesary .4 patch.

As they stand irl but if they got to the championship they would. Looks like I'll be in the premier league next year and interest should go through the roof.

I picked Bromley because they are a london club which means plenty of people in the area to support them.

I picked Bromley because they are a london club which means plenty of people in the area to support them.

That's more likely to work against you. That was the original Wimbledon's downfall. they came from non-league to the Premier league, but couldn't get decent attendences because there were already enough established big clubs in London. Wigan have the same problem in Lancashire now.

Wigan's problem is more because the town is more a rugby league town than it being in Lancashire.

I think you'll find the majority of wiganers are football fans. They just aren't Wigan Athletic fans. Comes with the fact we've only recently got our success in a very short time and we're surrounded by major teams like Utd, Liverpool, Everton who wiganers have chosen to support. Oh and our average attendances are bigger than the rugby's ;)

If there's one thing that infuriates Wigan fans it's the press coming out with the Rugby town line every second they can.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1241735/So-point-Wigan-Tiny-crowds-small-town-surrounded-Manchester-City-United-Liverpool-Sportsmail-answer-.html

Strangely enough, there is an answer for this. The issue lies with the tv deal in place. Sky's deal with the football league (the championship, league one and league two) gives them 65 live matches per season. 45 of this are in the championship, with a further 10 matches for the BBC. As such there are 55 championship matches broadcast live of the 552 games (I think). So that's around 1 in 10. League one gets normally about 10-15 matches [lets say 15] and League two gets 5-10 matches [lets say 5]. That's only around one in every 37 and one in 110 for them. Or if we look at it in another way:

Championship: 55 games, 24 clubs, so on average 4.58 games per club per season

League One: 15 games, 24 clubs, so on average 1.25 games per club

League two: 5 games, 24 clubs, so on average 0.417 games per club

As they want more money, being Sky and all, they'll pick matches for League one and two with the most viewership, so not Bromley's games. Getting promoted, you're unlucky to not get a match on Sky, but hey...

Now, here's the interesting part. Sentanta had a contract for 79 Blue Square Premier games per season. That's in the above terms 6.58 games per season per club. However... As they have folded this is no longer the case. However, PremierSports now have the deal and get 30 matches a season. So that's 2.5 matches per season. I'm not sure how SI have implemented that deal, but you must have been doing fairly well to get your 4 matches in both season. Actually, thinking about this for a second, Setanta still operate in some countries, so maybe the deal is still in place and it's still 6.58 games, just not all on UK tv...

So yeah, what's happening is because of the tv deals. Don't worry about it. That goes for the Championship as well as they like to spam teams that are doing well. Though I think now they are contracted to show a team at least once a season, although I may have dreamt that up... Some else will have to have a gander at that. But yeah, it's probably a mixture of your relative reputation, attendance, and the tv deals.

Doesnt look to unrealistic to me. The 4 TV games in the blue square are odd, but probably explainable by you having either a) decent cup runs or b) maybe lucking out by having the top reputation in the league which lead to you having a extra TV games.

I'm just wondering how you managed to get from Blue to championship without ever once hitting League two :p, but I'm guessing theres a typo some where.

Seems rather unlucky not to get a championship game on TV, but there are quite a few huge clubs in the championship these days which suck up all the TV coverage.

Over here we get Championship coverage, but for some reason it always seems to be QPR/Cardiff/Swansea/Forest on the TV.

Occasionally we get Hull, Reading or Leicester, but not much else.

League two was the 5th season.

I play against QPR/cardiff/swansea.forest, ect. They could chose my game when I play them because they wanted to show the opposition on tv.

League two was the 5th season.

I play against QPR/cardiff/swansea.forest, ect. They could chose my game when I play them because they wanted to show the opposition on tv.

They don't have it every match. Read my above post, the issue would be that as there is a limited number, in fact less than in the Blue Square Premier in every league upto the Premier League, you have to deal with the fact that your club is by far the smallest and as such last in the line for getting televised matches. You mention facing Cardiff, QPR, Swansea and Florist. You do not however mention that if they are to show them they're likely to show a "bigger" match.

Get to the Premier League, that's when the TV money will come flooding in!

with the stats thing, it comes back the following season, happened with me with Luis Suarez 1 season but yes it came back as soon as the next season started.

It didnt come back the following season. Now all it does to explain the absense of some players history is have them being in algeria leagues for the last 10 years with no appearances. Some players are still without 10 years of stats.

All time low this version I think, taking everything into account.

Some of my players claimed to have played for arsenal last season, with 1 appearance and 1 assist, and a 8.10 rating. They never played at arsenal

Archived