Why do players not square the ball?

2-2 in the 91st minute and you've got 2 strikers through, I'd say 10 times out of 10 in real life the striker will knock the ball across for a simple tap in and the 3 points are yours yet on FM they repeatedly decide to blast the ball wide/at the keeper. Is there a setting that I'm just completely missing to change this?

Oh and if you need the "looks for the pass rather than the shot" PPM then it's ridiculous.

Maybe a mixture of teamwork, decisions and creativity? have to both want, and see the opportunity to pass of course. It's true though, I've seen that so many times as well. Still, it does happen RL at times too, seen that young danny welbeck do it.

It's mostly Teamwork and the PPM, looks for pass rather than attempting to score.

Balotelli is the worst. He never passes it. I was very proud of my left back in a previous game though. Ran the length of the field on a counter, and had a one on one, but squared it behind to my AMR for a tap in. Even in real life, 99% of people would have had a shot there.

2-2 in the 91st minute and you've got 2 strikers through, I'd say 10 times out of 10 in real life the striker will knock the ball across for a simple tap in and the 3 points are yours yet on FM they repeatedly decide to blast the ball wide/at the keeper. Is there a setting that I'm just completely missing to change this?

Oh and if you need the "looks for the pass rather than the shot" PPM then it's ridiculous.

I think you've been playing too much FIFA or Pro Evo TBH. It might be a common way to score on a console but its much rarer to see this sort of goal in real life matches. That said I do think FM is a little low on these types of goals compared to real life so perhaps a little tweaking is in order so we see more.

Archived