Financial Fair Play Rules

I hope so, but I wonder if it will be one of those things that is held back to see how it actually works in reality first. A bit like the unprotected contracts probably should have been.

Doesn't the Bundesliga have financial rules in place? Can't say I've noticed them in the game.

I suspect the FFP will be yet another empty rule with plenty of loopholes and workarounds...

I'd just wait and see if/how it is enforced before having it into FM, just in case it all ends up in smoke and we get a completely wrong/unrealistic gameworld because of that.

I really really hope they don't

SI certainly can't be trusted to implement such a feature without it causing hundreds of ridiculous bugs. Plus, like others have said, it is pretty meangingless in reality. There are so many loopholes and obvious, easy ways to exploit it. If SI were to implement it at face value, you'd just get a hugely unrealistic scenario as you do with Serie A non-EU regulations. IRL, you can sign as many as you want. On the game, they rigourously stick to the letter of law making it more unrealistic than if they didn't have it at all.

I can't see the feature working until the financial system has been overhauled to reflect real life.

e.g. in real life if a player is bought for 30m on a 5 year contract, on the accounts this is booked as 6m every year for 5 years (which is why purchases such as Torres and Dzeko will still have an effect FFP in real life)

Archived