CA/Attribute Ratio

If we're talking pure tackling technique, player X as his is higher. However, given that Y's CA is higher, stands to reason that some of his other stats would be higher, and with that 15 tackling alongside those stats, I'd back player Y to succeed in more tackles than player X.

Player X... CA doesn't affect how good a player is in that way.

Really, people on here just shouldn't think about CA and PA, as they ruin your game experience because you focus too much on them. I had a player in my Premier League and Champions League winning side, my best centre-half no less, that I found out recently had a CA/PA of 111/115. CA is a very poor indicator of how good a player is.

The only games I see players with poor CA falls through is against the very best teams in the world, like Real Madrid. I always make sure my players have good Attributes, but in such games, you can literally see that despite them my 2.5/3 star players don't really succeed in what they are trying to do.

as I'm approaching season end I'm going through my squad to see which players I'm going to release and find myself amazed at how 'poor' some of the players that I want to keep are according to my staff...

still keeping the ones I want though ;)

So...

Player X has a CA of 130 and a tackling attribute 16.Player Y has a CA of 160 and a tackling attribute 15.

Who is the better tackler?

Player X.

Let's assume both players are DCs and neither are captains. Some of Player Y's extra CA might be higher points for finishing, off the ball and influence, none of which are particularly important for his position and certainly won't help his tackling.

On the other hand, if Player Y has higher attributes in strength, aggression, decisions and balance, he will be the better tackler.

CA is the current value of attributes though. How does it control their growth?

CA is what improves or how players "grow" over time.

The points earned are then distributed to individual attributes in accordance with your training schedules.

No, it's not. You've got it the wrong way around.

Attributes don't create CA - CA creates attributes.

As the CA rises, the attributes will rise to match.

Once the CA meets the PA value, it will stop and all growth will be sideways.

No, it's not. You've got it the wrong way around.

Attributes don't create CA - CA creates attributes.

Id like to see some SI confirmation of this because it doesnt make sense.

Current...current ability cannot change. It means a players ability at one specific moment. It is driven by several factors: PA, game experience, training, injury. Maybe its just a semantic difference?

Id like to see some SI confirmation of this because it doesnt make sense.

Current...current ability cannot change. It means a players ability at one specific moment. It is driven by several factors: PA, game experience, training, injury. Maybe its just a semantic difference?

SI may or may not confirm it but simply put its a well known fact amongst FM users.

I suspect its to do with how much processing it takes - easier to change one number (CA) than several numbers (Attributes).

CA goes up & down depending on how the player is doing and the change is then translated into attributes - What do you think training does?

Ackter put is quite clearly CA determines attributes, not the other way round - This can be seen by inputting a player using the editor, give them 20 in every attribute and then a CA, what happens when you start a game? Does the CA rise? or do the attributes drop?

=

Ackter put is quite clearly CA determines attributes, not the other way round - This can be seen by inputting a player using the editor, give them 20 in every attribute and then a CA, what happens when you start a game? Does the CA rise? or do the attributes drop?

Can be tested more quickly using a real time editor.

Load one up, load a player, change all of his attributes (either raise them massively, or lower them massively) and don't touch CA or PA. Play the game for a short while, checking on the player, and you'll see the attributes change back to what they were.

Back to the actual original question, the 16 player will be better at tackling, going in to the exact same tackle in the exact same circumstances.

If they are both centerbacks, chances are the higher CA player will win more tackles though, as he will have higher stats across the board. Therefore he's likely to have anticipated the move better, positioned himself better and make a better decision on exactly when to tackle. Therefore he's likely to tackle at a point when it's easier to win the ball cleanly than the other guy.

Equally, if me and Brad Pitt are equally skilled in bed, we're equally likely to give a girl a good time once we're under the sheets. However put us both in a nightclub and he's far more likely to end the night with a satisfied lady than I am!

Archived