Computer controlled Man City completely unrealistic!

In my Bayern save I frequently go over to man City to see who they have bought and how they are doing and in utter words it is a complete joke and unrealistic. For eg they already have a huge sqaud and spend over £38m on four different players who they don't really need.

Then I have a look at Balotelli and see he is on £100,000 per week but he has not even played a league game for them, this is so unrealistic, not giving him a game in any matches apart from the odd cup matches, so really they are just paying him that much to provide water for the players, JOKE!

The guy they get in his replacement is Farfan, very good player but realisticlly does this need to be made espec right at the start, irl Man City would wait for the end of the season to make any other major transfers like that and to sum up the joke thing I am now in January and despite not appearing in a single league game up to date with Man City, Balotelli says he is happy at the club, does not make sense, it is ridicilous!!!

No, Balotelli gets many games irl, some of them are used as rotation policy but get fair enough time of games.

Another example of unrealistic things: I don't no if people no him but there is a player for Feyenoord on loan from Arsenal called Ryo Myiachi who is very exciting irl at the age of 18 and plas week in week out for Fey oord and gets goal, what do I do next, go on FM 11 and the guy is unsettled, presumably because he has not made a signle appearence for them in the game, absolutely stupid and unrealistic, how the hell do Arsenal managers on the game expect him to develop?????

Here's what they're rolling with in year 2013 on my save...

GK

Rene Adler

Shay Given

Frank Fielding

Joe Hart

DF

Micah Richards

Nedum Onuoha

Kolo Toure

Jerome Boateng

Pablo Zabaleta

Nika Kvekveskiri

Wayne Bridge

Joleon Lescott

Gareth Barry(They retrained the slowest man on Earth to a left back which is strange considering they have Cissokho and Kolarov,and Barry is the starter)

Michael Dawson

Thiago Silva

Ryan Shawcross

Dedrick Boyara

Alessandro Gabbianelli

Vincent Company

Maicon

Aleksandar Kolarov

Aly Cissokho

Tony Phillips

MF

Jucilei

Yaya Toure

Nigel De Jong

Nuri Sahin

Arturo Vidal

James Milner

Craig Bellamy

Michael Johnson

Harmeet Singh

David Crammond

Aaron Lennon

Adam Johnson

David Silva

Gervinho

Giannis Fetfatzidis

Matt Tuck

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Jefferson farfan

FW

Mario Balotelli

Roque Santa Cruz

Emmanuel Adebayor

Carlos Tevez

Edin Dzeko

Alex Nimely

Connor Wickham

Nathan Lake

Paul Brown

Won the CL last year...ugh....That felt DIRTY :D

Here's what they're rolling with in year 2013 on my save...

GK

Rene Adler

Shay Given

Frank Fielding

Joe Hart

DF

Micah Richards

Nedum Onuoha

Kolo Toure

Jerome Boateng

Pablo Zabaleta

Nika Kvekveskiri

Wayne Bridge

Joleon Lescott

Gareth Barry(They retrained the slowest man on Earth to a left back which is strange considering they have Cissokho and Kolarov,and Barry is the starter)

Michael Dawson

Thiago Silva

Ryan Shawcross

Dedrick Boyara

Alessandro Gabbianelli

Vincent Company

Maicon

Aleksandar Kolarov

Aly Cissokho

Tony Phillips

MF

Jucilei

Yaya Toure

Nigel De Jong

Nuri Sahin

Arturo Vidal

James Milner

Craig Bellamy

Michael Johnson

Harmeet Singh

David Crammond

Aaron Lennon

Adam Johnson

David Silva

Gervinho

Giannis Fetfatzidis

Matt Tuck

Shaun Wright-Phillips

Jefferson farfan

FW

Mario Balotelli

Roque Santa Cruz

Emmanuel Adebayor

Carlos Tevez

Edin Dzeko

Alex Nimely

Connor Wickham

Nathan Lake

Paul Brown

Won the CL last year...ugh....That felt DIRTY :D

Where is is the realism in getting Adler, I really like the game but they really need to stop the unrealistic parts of the game

Have you ever seen your ass man recommend you a bunch of players in his team report even though your starting 11 are already very good? Now let that ass man become the manager of a rich club, and he'll buy as many players as he can afford even though his starting 11 are already great.

Its somtimes good Man City buy all those players. As some do become unsettled and you can get a really good player for a snippet of the price. The only stumbling block is the wages. I got Micah Richards for some 2.5m and hes been a rock for me.

Sounds a bit like real life man city to me

No. City let SWP, Richards and maybe one or two others rot on the bench, but even they get games. The others are loaned out. Balotelli should be playing, it's a mystery why he isn't.

Where is is the realism in getting Adler, I really like the game but they really need to stop the unrealistic parts of the game

I agree 100%. I'm not moaning about the game, but if they could somehow remedy the poor squad building/AI management it'd be a fantastic game for me.

City are not the only one though, so take that into consideration. Whenever i manage anyone other than my team, Spurs, i just have to laugh at some of the transfer activity they engage in. Harry just goes crazy on free transfers and players over 30, none of whom i've ever heard of. Of course people will say this is Harry we're talking about, but this is also Spurs. He's ambitious and wants bigger name players. The club essentially show no ambition whatsoever, and let good players like sandro, Kranjcar and bassong rot in the reserve team.

Then you have man utd, who are content to replace saar with enyeama or even kuszack. Decent keepers, but Fergie's ambition goes further than this, surely. They don't bother buying anyone for over 10mil. And of course City, who have about 10 world class attacking midfielders. Strangeness. However, it doesn't seem to be across the board, because Chelsea have just bought Hazard and Otemandi in one of my games, which is damn good business.

In my Bayern save I frequently go over to man City to see who they have bought and how they are doing and in utter words it is a complete joke and unrealistic. For eg they already have a huge sqaud and spend over £38m on four different players who they don't really need.

Then I have a look at Balotelli and see he is on £100,000 per week but he has not even played a league game for them, this is so unrealistic, not giving him a game in any matches apart from the odd cup matches, so really they are just paying him that much to provide water for the players, JOKE!

The guy they get in his replacement is Farfan, very good player but realisticlly does this need to be made espec right at the start, irl Man City would wait for the end of the season to make any other major transfers like that and to sum up the joke thing I am now in January and despite not appearing in a single league game up to date with Man City, Balotelli says he is happy at the club, does not make sense, it is ridicilous!!!

Sounds like Man City to me. In my game Chelsea and City are buying everyone and anyone.

Both in real life are utter joke!

AI transfer policy is based on PA and Reputation... that's THE FLAW.

There's plenty of aging/obscure players with high Home Rep but with World Rep set to 0, therefore the game will calculate the World Rep at the start of the savegame by halving the Home Rep value... So if the 30yo Costa Rican top-scorer you've never heard of will get a World Rep high enough to attract interest from European clubs, while his purchase makes no sense.

For the same reason, plenty of clubs will spend stupid money on mediocre younger players because of their theoretically high potential, even when it's clear most players aren't good enough and will never fulfill their potential... You get your staff recommending a plethora of 19yo players with 12 as best attribute and with single-digits values in mental/physical skills...

If the gap between CA (aka his current stats) and his PA (aka his best-case-scenario future stats) is as large as the Grand Canyon, what's the point?! Can't top-notch staff see that?

Squad building is weak because of those two flaws... and apparently AI managers don't even understand the league rules about HG players... They just buy and buy and buy... even though they don't need a 5th right back, or some AMCs despite not playing a single one in their tactic.

The icing on the crapcake is the fact Individual Training tends on focusing on "waste of CA" attributes like corners, penalties and free kicks, while the players have bigger flaws that would require attention and improvement.

Basically the whole AI management dynamic is flawed, and it kills the challenge of long-term careers. By 2015 most AI clubs will be half as good as they were at the start of the game. And it just gets worse once the gameworld is filled with half-developed and poorly trained newgens

Its somtimes good Man City buy all those players. As some do become unsettled and you can get a really good player for a snippet of the price. The only stumbling block is the wages. I got Micah Richards for some 2.5m and hes been a rock for me.

I am not denying it is good, I am just saying it is unrealistic some of the ransfers they make and the fact that they don't give key players like Balotelli a game.

Another axample where realism needs to be fixed is: Eriksen of Ajax, 18 year old has been ripping up the Eredivisie this season but in the game he rarely got a game at Ajax and ends up going on loan to Trabzonspor! What the hell is that about?

Yes the AI managers have never been very good in this game. The parameters with which they sign players needs to be much more advanced if it is going to improve. The only thing they check is Potential Ability, and they don't strengthen the team or provide squad depth if that is necessary. Even with 20 in squad rotation they never actually rotate, and if they sign a player that is actually good, there is no actual reason they just signed -him- it is only a matter of PA and opportunity.

The managers needs to have tactical preferences that goes so deep that they buy players who fits that, and in order to do that the scouts needs to find player types and recommend players for specific roles in the tactic, on request. They need to have "moulds" with which to compare each role in the tactic with potential signings, and then make a sensible decision on who to bid for. The closer to the mould the player is, coupled with CA, PA and Reputation, the higher the manager should be willing to bid for that player. The perfect player for the AI tactic should be bought for virtually any price, if the manager's and the club's ambition and financial situation dictates this.

WTH? Stupid, no new owners would do that in a position like that, maybe they would do it if the team was in bottom half of table or somethung but this....

Indeed. They would at least wait until the end of the season before changing the manager just like a certain rubbery character did at Huddersfield when sacking Jacko in favour of the afore-mentioned Bruce despite us being top of the table for much of the season...

A new owner would do that, look at Blackburn, Big Sam got sacked for no apparent reason. Same with Newcastle when Ashley took over, it was Big Sam again who lost out for no reason,

What?! Did Blackburn or Newcastle just qualify for the Champions League when this happened?

I'm not saying a billionaire owner would not sack Bruce in this circumstance and bring in a 'World Class' manager to make sure they stay where they are, but your point is so far off the mark it's not even funny.

EDIT: Sorry, let me reiterate. Sunderland are 4 games away from CL qualification in this instance. 4 games. If they do not qualify, then a sacking may not be the most unreal thing we have ever seen. But sacking him with 4 games left to go, with a 50/50 chance of CL qualification. That is a flaw in the ai system.

Sunderland have 5 games left but yes, the point is with 5 games to go to the end of the season and a possible multi-million pound windfall I fail to see any intelligent reason as to why they would sack Bruce...

Some peeps are wanting an AI as good as, or better than the human brain.

Good on you if you can create that, or find a 'game' that does it. It's not possible...yet.

And other peeps are saying the AI 'cheats' to make them better.

WTF do you expect for £29.99??

It's a game sheesh. I've done multiple tours on Op Herrick/Telic....trust me the AI/Gameplay on any naff shoot em up like Call of Duty is NOT realistic. It's a game, why would it be??

Basically the whole AI management dynamic is flawed, and it kills the challenge of long-term careers. By 2015 most AI clubs will be half as good as they were at the start of the game. And it just gets worse once the gameworld is filled with half-developed and poorly trained newgens

That's when you buy the new game! If SI makes long-term game good, people would be less likely to buy a new version and keep playing an old game. That's how consumerism works!

That's when you buy the new game! If SI makes long-term game good, people would be less likely to buy a new version and keep playing an old game. That's how consumerism works!

But it doesn't take 9 months, or even 6 months (from patch x.3 to the new game release) to go through 10 seasons or so...

And even if it was the case, I really doubt SI are deliberately producing a poor long-term game because they want to be sure the customers will buy the new version... FM fans are probably the most dedicated and reliable fanbase/customers pool in the industry, so I really doubt a solid long-term game on FM2012 would affect the sales of FM2013...

If anything, it could give us EVEN MORE REASONS to buy the new game to enjoy the new features while having the annoying "AI can't build a competitive squad" issue finally behind us.

Another example of unrealistic things: I don't no if people no him but there is a player for Feyenoord on loan from Arsenal called Ryo Myiachi who is very exciting irl at the age of 18 and plas week in week out for Fey oord and gets goal, what do I do next, go on FM 11 and the guy is unsettled, presumably because he has not made a signle appearence for them in the game, absolutely stupid and unrealistic, how the hell do Arsenal managers on the game expect him to develop?????

Ryodinho can't play for Feyenoord between the start of the game and the point he turns 18 as Eredvisie rules doesn't allow non-EU u18's in the squad. Once he is 18, he is selectable. But yes, he then is never played either. Yet he is a fantastic player with a lot of potential IRL, and can develop well on FM given a chance. F*ck knows why the AI never selects him... :(

Ryodinho can't play for Feyenoord between the start of the game and the point he turns 18 as Eredvisie rules doesn't allow non-EU u18's in the squad. Once he is 18, he is selectable. But yes, he then is never played either. Yet he is a fantastic player with a lot of potential IRL, and can develop well on FM given a chance. F*ck knows why the AI never selects him... :(

Crazy, he is Feyenoord best player with Castaignos irl

Some peeps are wanting an AI as good as, or better than the human brain.

Good on you if you can create that, or find a 'game' that does it. It's not possible...yet.

And other peeps are saying the AI 'cheats' to make them better.

WTF do you expect for £29.99??

It's a game sheesh. I've done multiple tours on Op Herrick/Telic....trust me the AI/Gameplay on any naff shoot em up like Call of Duty is NOT realistic. It's a game, why would it be??

Not as good as or better than a human brain, just following certain parameters that would allow them to actually build teams rather than signing random players with high PA for "cost value". People are complaining that Manchester City ends up with all the good players in the game after a few season. The real problem isn't that City buys everyone but that noone else tries to. If there were competition for the players City bids for, bigger clubs would get the signatures more often than not. Now City gets everything they point at and they point at everything.

In other words, City is the only realistic AI club in the game - and the result is lack of realism.

Archived