Two footed tackles

really starting to get sick of the amount of two footed tackles.

it is pretty much every other game where someone, my team or the opposition, flies in with a wild tackle and gets a straight red and 3 match ban.

the record was 6 straight reds in 5 games.

its been ever since 3.0 patch and i agree its something that happens in real life and its good to see it in the game, but the amount is just messing up the game.

and yes my tackling is on hard, but its never been a problem before and i like a good tackle, it shouldnt have any relevance to two footed leaps im getting. i know footie players are dumbos but they do know the difference between a strong tackle and a reckless one, even if they do it every now and again.

I started a game out Southend on 11.3, 4 games 6 red cards, 5 two footers for me 1 professional foul (fair) for other team.

I know football is a funny game sometimes, but this is just stupid and sucks the fun out of everything im sure ill recover, but the points are already lost.

really starting to get sick of the amount of two footed tackles.

it is pretty much every other game where someone, my team or the opposition, flies in with a wild tackle and gets a straight red and 3 match ban.

the record was 6 straight reds in 5 games.

its been ever since 3.0 patch and i agree its something that happens in real life and its good to see it in the game, but the amount is just messing up the game.

and yes my tackling is on hard, but its never been a problem before and i like a good tackle, it shouldnt have any relevance to two footed leaps im getting. i know footie players are dumbos but they do know the difference between a strong tackle and a reckless one, even if they do it every now and again.

After your first send off, did you fine the player and what was his reaction. ? After the 2nd, did you fine him ?.

In my experience, I get lots of yellow and red cards when I forget to put the foot down and discipline the players but when I do show who's in charge, the players seems to get the message.

I hardly have this problem. But then I very rarely set my tactics to Hard Tackling.

It has nothing to do with hard tackling, it is just a result of hidden stats such as Temperament and Dirtyness causing random situations. When you fine them they apologize and say they'll control their temper more in the future.

Little bit of advice, from the brain of Ray Wilkins: Stay on your feet?

Really depends on the aggression stat of your team as well, that with poor tackling is often to blame, but I feel your pain that its quite a regular occurrence.

Just had this, I laughed out loud.

Yes, I am the white team and it was my corner.

Ball is crossed in - twofooted animation is obviously started

twofooted1.png

Ball reaches defender as contact is made

twofooted2.png

I mean honestly. I get two footed tackles happen but this was crazy.

Didnt say it did have anything to do with hard Tackling, it was just mentioned in the OP.

I do get red cards and do exactly what others do, Warn them, fine them, etc etc. And it does work. Ive had players who get sent off, miss a game or 2, then on their return put in a MOM performance.

• Administrators

Barely ever have these in my team, but then I'm playing in Italy, where they don't really care about two-footed tackles anyway (isn't that right Flamini? ;)) but yeah, making sure if you have players with low tackling and high aggression, make sure they stay on their feet.

I have to say that I never really noticed an extreme amount of two footed tackles going in. I do seem to get more straight reds than two yellows though.

As an aside, I never get angry when they go flying. It's more disbelief and just pure.... wow....

I have to say that I never really noticed an extreme amount of two footed tackles going in. I do seem to get more straight reds than two yellows though.

As an aside, I never get angry when they go flying. It's more disbelief and just pure.... wow....

Was just thinking of the double yellow... I've never gotten one against mean and only remember seeing 1 ever, yet I've had 3-4 straight reds in about 3 seasons worth of play... I thought about it because one of my players got a yellow on a tackle that caused an injury. i considered if I should set his replacement to getting hard tackles but then thought 'why not go hard, none of my guys have gotten a second yellow'.

Maybe after all the issues with card happy leagues they have second yellows set too low... kind of like how you never get a yellow for time wasting no matter for how long and how high you have it set.

I very rarely get red cards, anyone with "dives into tackles" I train to stay on their feet and make sure I severely punish anyone guilty of violent conduct.

Despite this I often use hard tackling and tend to get away with yellow cards most games.

Was just thinking of the double yellow... I've never gotten one against mean and only remember seeing 1 ever, yet I've had 3-4 straight reds in about 3 seasons worth of play... I thought about it because one of my players got a yellow on a tackle that caused an injury. i considered if I should set his replacement to getting hard tackles but then thought 'why not go hard, none of my guys have gotten a second yellow'.

Maybe after all the issues with card happy leagues they have second yellows set too low... kind of like how you never get a yellow for time wasting no matter for how long and how high you have it set.

erm... definitely wrong..

Hereford%20v%20Huddersfield%20%28Information_%20Overview%29.png

Barely ever have these in my team, but then I'm playing in Italy, where they don't really care about two-footed tackles anyway (isn't that right Flamini? ;)) but yeah, making sure if you have players with low tackling and high aggression, make sure they stay on their feet.

Thank you for this. Please, SI, write an Art of Footie War that will help noobs like me who werent raised with this game. A guide that will give us real tactical and strategic insight into how to be better managers.

I always use hard tackling. I probably have four or five red-card tackles a year - and I play over fifty competitive games including all domestic and continental cups. I do focus on making sure all my midfielders and defenders have a strong tackling attribute, which probably helps - and I have a pretty rigid setup.

So I'm wrong just because 1 match had it happen twice?

I've seen it happen once in 3 seasons between 2 different saves.

How about you get a bigger sample size.

The 'sample' was intended to show that it is happening in the game both for and against the human player and that your theory was wrong. I guess you have just been lucky to have only had one in 3 seasons... I don't have my tackling set particularly hard and usually have one of the best disciplinary records in the league so to get someone sent off for two bookings is rare for me too... but it does happen (as the screenie shows ;) )

The 'sample' was intended to show that it is happening in the game both for and against the human player and that your theory was wrong. I guess you have just been lucky to have only had one in 3 seasons... I don't have my tackling set particularly hard and usually have one of the best disciplinary records in the league so to get someone sent off for two bookings is rare for me too... but it does happen (as the screenie shows ;) )

And 1 example doesn't prove anything wrong...

I've seen it happen once and that wasn't even my team, it was the opposition. Also one of those seasons my team was in the upper half of the league as far as most yellows. I always have 1-3 opponent players set to hard tackle and again (counting your 2 shown) I've seen 3 double yellows in 3 seasons worth of play while I've seen 3-4 straight reds per season. So there is more then enough for confirm a -THEORY- (and that's all it is) that something is up with that ratio.

Just doesn't seem right at all to me.

Archived