HELP! Inconsistency Central!

So fed up of my ridiculously inconsistent Arsenal side. I have some world class players, and as you can see, we do get some fantastic results at times (that Spurs side is 6th in the league...). I have a free-scoring striker with 24 goals in 30 starts, and two more with 26 in 46 between them. I have a defender who has won the Young Player of the Year 4 years running. I have a young winger from my youth system who Real Madrid were willing to pay £36m for. What could be going wrong? HELP?!

ok....what should i be saying?

I say this again even though I have been dissed for it before:

If you lost your previous game, reduce pressure

If you are on a winning streak and morale is excellent, playing against rivals or being slight underdogs/favourites - increase pressure

If you are huge favourites, reduce pressure

If you can say "prove a point", do so.

I have rarely had problems with "pleased" at half time if suggested by the Ass.Man, unlike in FM10

"Encourage", however, puts a lot of pressure on the players, unlike FM10

"You have faith" also puts more pressure on players than before. In FM10 it didn't have any negative effects

... basically, the more pressure the higher the potential boost but the higher the risk is to make the players nervous - and that makes them high or stoned or both

... some of the low-pressure team talks may give a great boost in certain circumstances, though. The most relevant one is striker goal drought. If your striker haven't scored in a while he will start playing badly and then "No pressure" can really let off steam!

In order to avoid another team talk argument, I'd advise you to start learning how your players react and make your decisions based on that. ;)

Players with poor Determination or who are not Driven, Determined, Professional, Ambitious or other good personalities simply won't tolerate pressure - and this means they will never be fired up. Avoid such players.

Archived