Ever just want a player to retire as they're a legend and you don't want to have to

be the guy who sells them?

I've got a 34 year old Messi in my team, who right now, due to his huge loss of physical stats, and some great players who've replaced him in the lineup(I mean, he can't play 2 games a week), who while I'm glad to have him as a top backup due to his mental and technical stats, I kinda want him to retire, as otherwise it'll mean somewhere down the line(at the moment, his contract runs out at the end of the season, and the fans will hate me if I let Messi go. At the same time I don't want a 200 grand a week player past his best in my team.

Anyway you can speed along a players decision to retire?

Player interaction suggest role. Check his profile it may give an indication as to what he believes he would be good at as ie a coach or ass man or manager. Once youve done that he might offer to become a staff member immediately. Say yes and then offer him a contract. Hope this helps.

Player interaction suggest role. Check his profile it may give an indication as to what he believes he would be good at as ie a coach or ass man or manager. Once youve done that he might offer to become a staff member immediately. Say yes and then offer him a contract. Hope this helps.

Will give it a go. Cheers.

Most players I've had seem happy to start dropping their wages as they get older, especially if you change their squad status to back up.

I've tried that with Messi, he still thinks he's worth at least 150000 per week with a 60k appearance fee....not gonna happen. Unfortunately I now can't offer him a coach contract yet as he's ****ed that I withdrew from talks. I'll just have to hope he doesn't sign with anyone else in the meantime(coming up to Jan in his final year....sneaky bosmans ahoy).

Archived