I dont BELIEVEEEEEE it!

To cut a long story short i got the AC Milan job and was in 50 million pounds worth of debt so got on with my first major job...... reduce the wage bill!

Gattuso at 34 was eating his way through 105,000 pound a week with a year left on his current contract! That obviously was unacceptable given the circumstances so i tried to offer him a new contract worth around 40,000 pound a week which his agent agreed to. However, he did not feel the need to take a pay cut from the club he loves that is in massive debt as he is on a nice little earner with a year still to go.

Disappointed would be an understatement so i decided to ask him to mutually terminate his contract, he was willing to do this but wanted 2.6 million to compensate him. I decided this was the best decision all round for the club so i agreed.

2 weeks later he signs a contract with everton, wait for it.......7,500 pounds a week!!!!!!!!

Times like this i wish fm could interact with players to show your dissent and anger, as it is i couldn't so im releasing my anger in this post GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR DAMN YOU!!!

Anyone else had a similar experience?

Yes this does happen all the time. I always try and reduce the wages on older players. They have none of it, from the club they love. Then their contracts run out and take a 50-80% wage reduction at another club. Doesn't make sense lol

Archived