FM Women's Version

Have always been somewhat interested in the women's side of the game. being a coach at one point of a women's team in real life, i find that it's surprisingly easier to coach women than it is men. they just respond better and question less. so it got me to thinking, i would really enjoy it if SI made a women's version of FM. all features included, just teams and players and some staff replaced by real world people involved in the women's game. i am aware that this would take a HUGE effort, but i think it would really be profitable for FM if they had both genders available on the market and both genders expressing interest and buying them lol. what do you think?

Have always been somewhat interested in the women's side of the game. being a coach at one point of a women's team in real life, i find that it's surprisingly easier to coach women than it is men. they just respond better and question less. so it got me to thinking, i would really enjoy it if SI made a women's version of FM. all features included, just teams and players and some staff replaced by real world people involved in the women's game. i am aware that this would take a HUGE effort, but i think it would really be profitable for FM if they had both genders available on the market and both genders expressing interest and buying them lol. what do you think?

Doesn't sound like any woman I know :p

But on topic, I agree, there wouldn't be much of a market for this. I'm sure most female football fans would rather play the normal FM.

Could they not just add the woman's leagues + internationals that are possible into the standard game rather than release a seperate game entirely?

But it is a totally different game, there is no overlap between the two so it wouldn't really work.

I don't think the market is there for a separate game with just female footballers on, the game is on the rise and in a few years there will be more interest in it but for now I do not think it is something that would sell that well.

I don't think the market is there for a separate game with just female footballers on, the game is on the rise and in a few years there will be more interest in it but for now I do not think it is something that would sell that well.

Perhaps SI can wait a few years then? im not suggesting that this be acted upon immediately, i would simply like to play a female version of Football Manager somewhere down the track. just seems an interesting concept to me :) btw, i would also like to congratulate you on becoming a mod ;)

You could use the editor to create a database with all female leagues. You can now create female players and staff in the editor.

If you think women have different mental and personality attributes to men, you can reflect that in your database, and if you think other people would use it, you can upload it and make a thread in the Editors' Hideaway.

You could use the editor to create a database with all female leagues. You can now create female players and staff in the editor.

If you think women have different mental and personality attributes to men, you can reflect that in your database, and if you think other people would use it, you can upload it and make a thread in the Editors' Hideaway.

Wouldn't the newgen be male though? It would look silly to have a bunch of bald men playing against a team of women.

The women's FA have just started a new competition that is the first step on the ladder to women's football going pro... if that happens then I guess there will definitely be a market for this.

and funnily enough I thought the same thing as the OP on seeing that the Women's Super League had been formed or whatever the heck it's called :p

a thought of women being in the fm game has come up for discussion many times over the last 2 years and the result has been the same, a big no. In real life, the womens soccer is no where near as popular as the mens and i don't think it ever will be

Archived