Zenit signing black players

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But this game is supposed to be realisitic and true to life?

It's just the same as Athletic not signing non basque players

Racism should not be included no matter how realistic it is. Zenit should be banned for this and the club shut down, its disgusting and unacceptable in todays world.

People being Basque and coloured people are two completely different things.

Racism should not be included no matter how realistic it is. Zenit should be banned for this and the club shut down, its disgusting and unacceptable in todays world.

People being Basque and coloured people are two completely different things.

Shut the club down ? now that's stretching it just a bit too far I would think.

Shut the club down ? now that's stretching it just a bit too far I would think.

I just dont think that racism of that sort should be allowed in football full stop, maybe shutting the club down is too much but there should be very severe pelanties for stuff like what happened to Roberto Carlos the other week.

Its maybe not Zenit's fault but only they can do anything about it, but they have not, up till recently this kind of racist behaviour was accepted.

How they got a world cup is beyond me.

But this game is supposed to be realisitic and true to life?

It's just the same as Athletic not signing non basque players

As I pointed out, it's hardly racism when they have black players on Lezama. is it? =)

I don't exactly like what they do, but in the latest years, they've taken a change from "basque players" to "players formed in the basque country".

I just dont think that racism of that sort should be allowed in football full stop, maybe shutting the club down is too much but there should be very severe pelanties for stuff like what happened to Roberto Carlos the other week.

Its maybe not Zenit's fault but only they can do anything about it, but they have not, up till recently this kind of racist behaviour was accepted.

With all the racism going in Russia and especially in their league... I can't understand how on earth Fifa rewarded them with the World Cup. Fifa are full aware what's going on there.

I was thinking a fine and if they don't change then possibly banned from European competitions

I was thinking a fine and if they don't change then possibly banned from European competitions

will a fine to Zenit make that much difference?

For what happend to Carlos i would shut the stadium down for a few games, if it happens again then close it indefinately. It sound very harsh but this kind of behaviour should not in anyway be tolerated in anyway.

I find it amazing how people are trying to justify the whole Bilbao-Basque situation yet hammering Zenit.

Racism doesn't only apply to white on black or skin colour in general for that matter. It's no different to if Newcastle said they wont sign "southerners" or Plymouth saying the wont sign "northerners". It's all racist, it's all wrong and SI shouldn't tip-toe around the subject. If you want realism introduce the Zenit situation to the game, if you want to kick racism out of football remove the Basque only situation. You can't have your cake AND eat it.

That is your opinion

I too would have thought it was clear why racism isn't in any CM/FM games. Just like when you see in the news of players in the past having heart attacks during matches/tournaments, yet you wouldn't see that ever happen in the game either

The Basque-policy is a statement of heritage.

It wouldn't be a problem if Zenit only played Russians, for example.

The reason they don't sign black players is plain and simple racism.

I find it amazing how people are trying to justify the whole Bilbao-Basque situation yet hammering Zenit.

Racism doesn't only apply to white on black or skin colour in general for that matter. It's no different to if Newcastle said they wont sign "southerners" or Plymouth saying the wont sign "northerners". It's all racist, it's all wrong and SI shouldn't tip-toe around the subject. If you want realism introduce the Zenit situation to the game, if you want to kick racism out of football remove the Basque only situation. You can't have your cake AND eat it.

If I manage Atletico, I sign anyone I want, the club doesn't stop you signing anyone you want and it shouldn't

The Basque-policy is a statement of heritage.

It wouldn't be a problem if Zenit only played Russians, for example.

The reason they don't sign black players is plain and simple racism.

It's still wrong to me, you can make that argument for Zenit. It's heritage because that skin colour isn't native to that region... I'm not saying it's as bad i'm just saying it's still wrong... just like the homegrown rules.

The Basque policy from Athletic is absolutely ridiculous. How have they got away with it for so long?

We will only sign players born in a specific area

We will only sign players based on the colour of their skin

One of those is definitely racist, the other is as good as.

It's still wrong to me, you can make that argument for Zenit. It's heritage because that skin colour isn't native to that region... I'm not saying it's as bad i'm just saying it's still wrong... just like the homegrown rules.

The choice isn't because they want to maintain their heritage, its based on the idea that black people are inferior.

The choice isn't because they want to maintain their heritage, its based on the idea that black people are inferior.

Oh I see they want to create a master race of footballers... sounds familiar to the argument of some old Austrian guy... :)

It's not heritage though, I mean, black people have been in britain for centuries in large numbers, ever since the time of empire and everything, while it's true russia didnt have it quite the same as that, despite their hope of "empire" there's still bound to be some black people who have lived in russia a long time, and if there really isnt as they've all been scared off, then that'd be just wrong. It's still "native" either way if they've grown up there and were born there.

As for basque, nothing wrong with what they do in my eyes. It's just like if say cardiff or some lower club like Newport made the decision to only play welsh players, no one'd hate them for that, it'd just be regarded as personality.

You are quite amazing people, after centuries of genocide in Africa, India and China, annihilation of Yugoslavia, ongoing manslaughter in Afganistan, Iraq and Lybia, yet you enjoy Russophobia talk on the false pretenses of racism in a country with 190 different nationalities and ethnic groups.

"Where ignorance is bliss, 'tis folly to be wise." (Thomas Gray, 1742)

FYI

1. Official statement - Zenit against racism.

2. Club initiative against racism (photos)

3. Players initiative against racism (videos)

Archived