Always dropping points in the first game of the saved file

I know it sounds weird but it seems that i always drop points on the first game when i reload a saved game.

Doesnt matter if i play against a strong oppponent or a weaker one.. As soon as i reload my saved file to continue my game, i know that i will lose points in the coming game!!

This is something i have been experiencing for quite a long time and i do not know anyone ever mentioned this.

Anybody?

Thanks.

Its happened a few times to me. But what I find is, if im playing the game and im in great form, I do not want to stop playing it, as usually if I save it, then go back to it in a few hours or the next day, my form drops and I dont play as well as I was. Its probably just conicidence, or just me being silly and not remembering what was bringing me good form.

I read somewhere that in FM2010 it was officially stated that when you save a game it does not recognise the form you were on and when you re-load a saved game it randomizes your form. So you could be on an amazing run of games - lets say 6 or 7 unbeaten and then when you start the saved game it is very possible that you will lose it or start on a bad run of form.

Personally I think this is unfair but this is what I have read. I believe this as I have experienced this many times and I have tested this as well. I re-loaded my saved game and used the same team/tactics etc etc and the result was always different - sometimes I won, sometimes I lost, sometimes I drew - so I know that it does not matter what run of form you were on when you saved the game, this does no mean you will continue that run of form.

Of course people will argue and say that the form has to come to and end at some point and that I cannot guarantee the opposition use the same teams and tactics - and I agree with this . However, it is odd that it always happens when you start a saved game.

It sounds really strange that form would not be saved to be honest. Do you have any link for confirmation?

As for reloading and getting different results, a significant part of the match engine are random numbers. Even the worst striker in the game will sometimes hit goal from 35 meters. It doesn't prove that your previous form isn't taken into consideration.

I read somewhere that in FM2010 it was officially stated that when you save a game it does not recognise the form you were on and when you re-load a saved game it randomizes your form. So you could be on an amazing run of games - lets say 6 or 7 unbeaten and then when you start the saved game it is very possible that you will lose it or start on a bad run of form.

Personally I think this is unfair but this is what I have read. I believe this as I have experienced this many times and I have tested this as well. I re-loaded my saved game and used the same team/tactics etc etc and the result was always different - sometimes I won, sometimes I lost, sometimes I drew - so I know that it does not matter what run of form you were on when you saved the game, this does no mean you will continue that run of form.

Of course people will argue and say that the form has to come to and end at some point and that I cannot guarantee the opposition use the same teams and tactics - and I agree with this . However, it is odd that it always happens when you start a saved game.

Nah that's untrue - form is carried over.

The only thing that changes on reload is the random number that's used to generate (in a very very distant and roundabout way) random occurrances.

These is exactly what i am talking about... The good form always ends as soon as i re-start my saved game.. Last night, before i saved, i did my first eleven i will use and saved the game like that - making sure that i do not forget who is playing well etc.. but still didnt help.. After a good form of winning 6 games in Serie A with Juve, just got a draw against lowly vicenza in my first game after the save!

I don't know about anyone else but I find that when I'm planning on quitting for the day if I'm about to play a poor team I'm more likely to suffer from "just one more match" syndrome, whereas I'm more likely to save and quit if I'm playing one of the better sides next. It often explains why my first game after loading back up ends in a draw or defeat.

I don't know about anyone else but I find that when I'm planning on quitting for the day if I'm about to play a poor team I'm more likely to suffer from "just one more match" syndrome, whereas I'm more likely to save and quit if I'm playing one of the better sides next. It often explains why my first game after loading back up ends in a draw or defeat.

I do this all the time as well.

I play 15 matches between saves regardless of opposition or anything else. The game is running constantly unless I have to reboot or have a power outage neither of which happen very often and I can't say that I have noticed any attributable dip in form linked to saving the game. On a couple of occasions I have seemingly lost form but on analysis I have usually been able to find a cause for the dip, or at least why any particular game didn't result in the expected outcome.

It's the game's way of punishing you for switching off :)

Seriously though it's not something I've noticed on FM11 too much. I get the opposite to nitro3x2 though! I can't switch off if I've got a big game next, I'm more likely to switch off if it's a mediocre side.

I know this is probably just superstitious nonsense but I used to think the same as the OP but since I started saving my game on the managers notifications page ie, the one that comes up prior to the news page with how many days to your next game I haven't had it happen, but like I say this could just be my personal liitle peccadillo?.

Archived