Biggest Underdog to win a Champions Cup

Ive played 5 replays on FM2010 just the first year only 2009-2010

And the champions cup is always dominated by Barcelona and Real Madrid in my first 4 replays... Madrid won 3 times and barcelona won once... now finally someone different won on my 5th replay and it was pretty surprising.. Liverpool? wow... talk about an underdog...

Anyone have any upsets.. its really had to have an upset in the champions cup since its 2 legged matches...

Tom

Wouldnt class them as underdogs.

But Lyon seem to dominate the champions league on mine. And are always after the top players. Always making bids for my top players and spending plenty money.

Not an underdog at all, but it does seem strange. Its my quest to stop their domination. Beat me twice in the semis! grrrr

The biggest surprises in the Champions League on my save have been Celtic winning it in 2027 and then Porto winning it in 2028.

Would you class Lyon as a surprise? I guess so. They won it in 2011.

Otherwise it has been the likes of Juventus, Barcelona, Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool and Arsenal.

Barcelona have now won the most CL titles in the year 2030 (they have won 10).

If you are typing something sarcastic, it's best to put a :rolleyes: or ;) just to be safe.

Sometimes people post something which looks sarcastic, but it could actually be that they are just a little bit stupid and really think Liverpool would be an unlikely European Champion.

I wasnt being sarcastic at all ... hey im an american... give me a break LOL... i just started following soccer just after the most recent world cup... I know Liverpool isnt a big underdog but considering real madrid and barcelona seem to be in a class by themselves it was a slight upset at least.

On FM10 I had Basel taken over by a billionaire, bought a ******** of talent and won the thing in 2019, biggest underdog to win it in my games, though there have been the Napoli's, Valencia's and I remember even Fenerbahce win it before.

• 1 year later...

No huge surprises so far until 2019, although Valencia have won it twice in a row and Lyon won it once too. Perhaps most surprising was Zenit reaching one final.

I remember on my FM11 game Marseille won like 7 of them during the 20 seasons I played, Samuel Eto'o as a manager grabbed most of them. Villarreal also won it.

Same five teams always seem to dominate on mine (lfc,barca,psg,lyon,man utd)

Past dozen finals have been between some form of combination of those sides.

Madrid keep finishing 5th somehow and the italian clubs are nowhere to be seen.

Lyon have a tycoon in charge on it now.

Been doing a lot of multi-season simulations of late and Porto, Panithanikos, Galatasary and Benfica have all won it on various saves. I was running 12 for my experiment though so some odd results were bound to pop up!

Archived