Chairman going crazy!

I'm Boston United and i've just finished 2nd in the prem qualifying for the champions league for the first time. So my chairman decides to sell 5 key players, including my 2 star strikers, one of whom was the best in europe, the other was prem player of the year.

Whilst i can understand as he sold one for £40million and the other for £29million. He then goes on to sell my next best striker for £12million, a CM with leading prem potential for £5million and my leading prem potential left winger for £9million.

I dont even understand the need to do this as my finances were positive by £19million and i was making around £1million a month and i'd just made it to the champions league so surely he'd want me to continue the sucess?

To top it off he also scrapped my plans to impove the youth facilities and recruitment in favour of expanding the stadium to a 30,000 seater!

I think business sense should be 20, because it would make more sense to keep those players for success?

The way that I understand the business sense rating to work, the higher the rating the more likely the chairman will be to pursue profit. I could be wrong though.

Remember he has just started work on a 30,000 seater. Maybe he sold them so that the club could afford the stadium, which in turn will let them grow? If the chairman expected a failure in the CL, it's wise to cash in, force the manager to work on a budget while the stadium is built, then have another try at breaking into the top 4 again.

Remember he has just started work on a 30,000 seater. Maybe he sold them so that the club could afford the stadium, which in turn will let them grow? If the chairman expected a failure in the CL, it's wise to cash in, force the manager to work on a budget while the stadium is built, then have another try at breaking into the top 4 again.

How is it wise to expand a stadium and then make the team far less attractive? Reducing attendance? Its hard to rationally defend this bit of AI gameplay. It also makes the game far less fun..an aspect SI really needs to start thinking more about.

I have not really experienced this that much and have avoided it by putting extremely high asking prices on my top players, however some people have had success putting an extremely low asking price on their players.

How is it wise to expand a stadium and then make the team far less attractive? Reducing attendance? Its hard to rationally defend this bit of AI gameplay. It also makes the game far less fun..an aspect SI really needs to start thinking more about.

they are hardly an established premiership team. If the chairman feels they were punching above their weight then he should sell the players to fund the stadium.

After all, filling a 30,000 seater in the premiership doesn't require 20 mil players and champions league football. I'd say cutting back, aiming for a few mid table finishes then having a push at the top 4 makes a lot of sense for a chairman.

Is it better to keep your stars and be bankrupted by a mandatory stadium increase (they probably had to increase the ground due to premier league / European rules) or to let the top players go and survive financially.

Remember, they have 19 mil in the bank, and a 12 mil a season profit right now. The chairman has just brought in an extra 100 million in one stroke, plus reduced the wage bill. Even if he allows 20 mil to be re-invested this means the team now has around 100 mil in the bank to fund the expansion. To me it makes sense.

Archived