I dont understand this game.... please read

Ive got southampton promoted to the championship, i brought danny graham because he scored over 25 goals last season for watford (on the game)

10 games in, he hasnt scored 1, I also brought charlie adam, hes been awful too when last season he had an average rating of 7 i just dont understand! I dont do the manual training or anything like that i never have done, whoever i buy doesnt score goals or play well, this years game seams so unrealistic considering ive had everyone of them.

Someone tell me what im doing wrong?

cheers

Have you thought about where both these players played for previous clubs? What roles they were given? How much freedom to roam they were given? What they're preferred moves are? Whether Danny Graham prefers a target man as a partner, maybe he even likes to play on his own? Charlie Adam may want to attack more and have less defensive responsibilties or vice-versa?

how do i motivate them and how do i find what position they played at, at their previous club??

I guess you don't...

you need to discover it for yourself ;) The Tactics Creator gives a simple guide as to what attributes are best suited to which role. Try making sure that they are playing the roles that make the best use of their abilities and then tweaking in match to get them doing what you want them to do (i.e. score/create goals, etc)

<a  href=http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/5110/dannygraham.png' alt='dannygraham.png'> Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/img]

Graham is slow and not good in the air. He is strong, though, and a very good finisher at this level. His is not good at picking out passes either. This means his role in the team is difficult to figure out, and you need to play in a special way in order to have him finishing in the box as often as possible.

You may try Target Man and set his passing to short. Wide play move into channels, possibly. Target man distribution: to feet.

Archived